Thread: 5 months in and i love my new lifestyle change-no diet words here page

Moey4164 is offline Junior Member

5 months in and i love my new lifestyle change-no diet words here

Good afternoon, I started Primal/Paleo 5 months ago after I ran into someone that came to see how fat I had got. I could see by the look in his eye or the lack to look me in the eye, that it was up to me to do something. I embraced the foods, and haven't really missed a thing. I figure if I eat 21 meals a week, and I want to eat something unusual (not on the diet), I allow myself that splurge. I have lost 30 lbs. which has literally fallen off with little effort other than changing my eating habits. I used to love McDonald's, pizza every Friday with fries, etc. and suffered from many headaches. I thought it was hereditary since both parents suffered from migraines but obviously it was what we were putting into our bodies. Since I have dropped many of the bad foods, I no longer suffer from headaches. Paleo has truly changed how I feel and has given me much added energy as well as joining a couple of the mud races with obstacles. I am thrilled and hope that you try this lifestyle as well!

badwolf is offline Member
    Thanks for sharing - I can use all of the encouragement I can get right now, and your success is very encouraging!

I like your mindset on allowing for the occasional splurge - I think it's important that we are kind to ourselves. As you mentioned, we get enough shaming from others.

Good luck as you continue your journey!

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Hello, I'm pleased it's working for you. Keep it up and good luck. And well done!

infinitewellness is offline Junior Member
    This is awesome, what you put into your body definitely counts and it's great that you are seeing results! Keep it up - it does get easier!

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Well done, Moey. Sounds like you've got a handle on this way of eating. 30lbs in 5 months - excellent progress!
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    well done you, I feel great too ; 3 months in
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082