Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Egg fans, try THIS! page 2

  1. #11
    Sharon's Avatar
    Sharon is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    38
    Primal Fuel
    poached. always. nom nom.

  2. #12
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    How does the egg differ after being steamed versus being boiled?

    I don't notice any difference in taste or texture. The biggest plus is that I have yet to have 1 egg that I had trouble peeling. I could boil a dozen eggs and never get all 12 to peel easily. My only issue is a couple of times I had my flame too low and I under cooked them. I don't mind a little bit of a runny yolk though.
    I used to have difficulty peeling eggs. Then I read instructions that said to puncture the round end of the egg and lower them into boiling water. I do 7 minutes for soft boiled and 13 minutes for hard boiled. Immediately on removing them I plunge them into cold water and bash in the round ends. Roll to peel when cool enough to handle. I have never again had an egg fail to slip out of its peel.

  3. #13
    Sol blackcat's Avatar
    Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sunderland England
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    How does the egg differ after being steamed versus being boiled?



    I don't notice any difference in taste or texture. The biggest plus is that I have yet to have 1 egg that I had trouble peeling. I could boil a dozen eggs and never get all 12 to peel easily. My only issue is a couple of times I had my flame too low and I under cooked them. I don't mind a little bit of a runny yolk though.
    I never have any problems peeling an egg, but always get shell in the mixture when making an omelette.
    Runny yolk, lovely. Try dipping cooked asparagus in the yolk. I'm not yolking! Try it.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

  4. #14
    oceangrl's Avatar
    oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,969
    I have to jump in here about the peeling. Someone on another forum posted a link to cooking tips. The one that blew (no pun intended) me away was the guy who tapped each end of his HB eggs. Then he peeled each end. Then he blew on one end and the egg flew out the other. No joke. It was on video. I need HB eggs so I will report back tomorrow. :0)

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #15
    Sol blackcat's Avatar
    Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sunderland England
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I have to jump in here about the peeling. Someone on another forum posted a link to cooking tips. The one that blew (no pun intended) me away was the guy who tapped each end of his HB eggs. Then he peeled each end. Then he blew on one end and the egg flew out the other. No joke. It was on video. I need HB eggs so I will report back tomorrow. :0)

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    I saw that aswell ocean. It's on YouTube, ninja style egg peeling I think it's called.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

  6. #16
    oceangrl's Avatar
    oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    I saw that aswell ocean. It's on YouTube, ninja style egg peeling I think it's called.
    This was a collection of youtube videos and that was one. It probably is the same one you saw. My other favorite is a fast way to slice cherry tomatoes in half. You put them on a pyrex lid so they stay put. Then you put another lid on them and use a serrated knife to cut them in half. Kind of hard to explain.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #17
    Rojo's Avatar
    Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Ha, very funny side up. We may be asked to eggsit this thread.
    I will be doing my eggsercises thinking about them ribs.
    Just wanted to pop in to say that you two are making me sick.

  8. #18
    Rojo's Avatar
    Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Why are reading then?
    Something about steaming eggs. But I was just kidding. Back to the canoodle.

  9. #19
    Rojo's Avatar
    Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    What has this got to do with steaming eggs? Kidding about what? What are you talking about?
    I was reading because it was a thread about steaming eggs. And I was kidding about making me sick. Sheesh.

  10. #20
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Too bad this thread got hijacked and turned into a private conversation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •