Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Egg fans, try THIS! page 2

Sharon is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    poached. always. nom nom.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    How does the egg differ after being steamed versus being boiled?

I don't notice any difference in taste or texture. The biggest plus is that I have yet to have 1 egg that I had trouble peeling. I could boil a dozen eggs and never get all 12 to peel easily. My only issue is a couple of times I had my flame too low and I under cooked them. I don't mind a little bit of a runny yolk though.
    I used to have difficulty peeling eggs. Then I read instructions that said to puncture the round end of the egg and lower them into boiling water. I do 7 minutes for soft boiled and 13 minutes for hard boiled. Immediately on removing them I plunge them into cold water and bash in the round ends. Roll to peel when cool enough to handle. I have never again had an egg fail to slip out of its peel.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    How does the egg differ after being steamed versus being boiled?

I don't notice any difference in taste or texture. The biggest plus is that I have yet to have 1 egg that I had trouble peeling. I could boil a dozen eggs and never get all 12 to peel easily. My only issue is a couple of times I had my flame too low and I under cooked them. I don't mind a little bit of a runny yolk though.
    I never have any problems peeling an egg, but always get shell in the mixture when making an omelette.
    Runny yolk, lovely. Try dipping cooked asparagus in the yolk. I'm not yolking! Try it.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I have to jump in here about the peeling. Someone on another forum posted a link to cooking tips. The one that blew (no pun intended) me away was the guy who tapped each end of his HB eggs. Then he peeled each end. Then he blew on one end and the egg flew out the other. No joke. It was on video. I need HB eggs so I will report back tomorrow. :0)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I have to jump in here about the peeling. Someone on another forum posted a link to cooking tips. The one that blew (no pun intended) me away was the guy who tapped each end of his HB eggs. Then he peeled each end. Then he blew on one end and the egg flew out the other. No joke. It was on video. I need HB eggs so I will report back tomorrow. :0)

I saw that aswell ocean. It's on YouTube, ninja style egg peeling I think it's called.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    I saw that aswell ocean. It's on YouTube, ninja style egg peeling I think it's called.
    This was a collection of youtube videos and that was one. It probably is the same one you saw. My other favorite is a fast way to slice cherry tomatoes in half. You put them on a pyrex lid so they stay put. Then you put another lid on them and use a serrated knife to cut them in half. Kind of hard to explain.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Ha, very funny side up. We may be asked to eggsit this thread.
    I will be doing my eggsercises thinking about them ribs.
    Just wanted to pop in to say that you two are making me sick.

Why are reading then?
    Something about steaming eggs. But I was just kidding. Back to the canoodle.

What has this got to do with steaming eggs? Kidding about what? What are you talking about?
    I was reading because it was a thread about steaming eggs. And I was kidding about making me sick. Sheesh.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Too bad this thread got hijacked and turned into a private conversation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast