Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 in July 2013 page

Leida is offline Senior Member

Whole 30 in July 2013

Shop Now
    Hi folks, with July being a month for a lot of vacations and holidays, I expect not a lot of folks have the ability to go full 30 days.

I will be travelling next week. I am going to try to start today, and basically aim for the best I can do for travelling week. I am going to adhere to the W30 rules with no changes, including no weighting!

One very exciting part of this W30 challenge for me is that this is my first months off the BCP - I can't reconcile eating cleanly and taking artificial hormones! I hope to start tracking and doing natural method once my body works as nature intended.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Oops, I was not mentally ready to go for another stretch yet. Drunk some diet pop. Will see if I have the determination to start tomorrow. If I break down, I will just wait till I am back from vacations and start then.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I'm up for it, starting on July 8 (after vacation), with one planned non-Whole-30 day on July 27 (where I'll do my best to eat cleanly, but most likely will be drinking wine at an event), and then will do Whole 30 from July 28 - August 26 (and possibly until Labor Day weekend). I'm craving bad carbs tonight, so tomorrow morning I may splurge and have Ezekiel toast with Kerrygold butter (along with my pasture-raised eggs, uncured bacon and sauteed onions/peppers/garlic and black coffee). I've been back on primal for three weeks, but I know I'm overdoing the fruit, and I might be overdoing the portions. A Whole 30 (ish) stint may kick things into high gear.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I'm in! Jackie, we did this last summer, didn't we?!

The sugar crept back in, and I'm kinda moody and having trouble sleeping. I'll start July 7, after the drinking holiday is over.
    Here's what I'll change from last time:

-I'm keeping my Kerrygold butter. Never giving that up again. Never. Again.
    -Going to eat my allowable carbs.
    -No sips of alcohol, at all.
    -Forget about finding acceptable bacon. (Gold plated bacon, anyone? Ha!)
    -And most importantly, I'm not telling anyone that I'm on a W30, except you guys. Because you're beautiful people and you get it.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

(hugs) We DO!

I had my last tbsp of greek yogurt on my leftover gazpacho. Made turkey jerky for the road, and the more I think about it the more I don't see why i can't do W30 on vacations. My mom is Perfect health, and my in laws are very laid back.

I just need to cram on the Your Body is Your own Gym to see if I can keep up some sort of a fitness routine next week.

Gonna do X-Fit WOD today (modifying to my level), hap-ki-do class tomorrow and lift on Friday, then it's hitting the road. Fingers crossed!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    I'm in! Jackie, we did this last summer, didn't we?!
    We totally did.

So...yeah, I had 2 slices of Ezekiel bread with Kerrygold butter with my standard breakfast. And damn, it was GOOD. And I'm actually glad I had the extra carbs (naughty carbs, too) because of unintentionally skipping lunch due to a cluster***k today, immediately following a hard session of physical therapy. Didn't eat dinner until 6 pm; had breakfast at 8:30 am. And you know what? I wasn't falling-on-my-face starving. So there's that. I totally splurged and had Haagen Daz (mint chip, oh blessed gods of ice cream, mint chip) tonight for the first time in weeks, and it was mmmmmmmmm good. Hey - vacation!

So yes, July 8 as a start date for me!
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    What are the rules to a "Whole 30"? Google gave me a million responses

I always like a challenge!

Hi Lazaraus, it is not so much a challenge, just very clean paleo eating that also helps with detecting foods that may cause problems.

Here is the official version of the program:

The Whole30® Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    That looks like a really good program to get your palate adjusted and to see what might be causing you an issue....

For me, cannot do the no alcohol thing. I have about a half glass of dry red wine with my big fatty meals. I love it too much. Big wine-nut.

Good luck though. Very good idea.

I totally understand having have tried to drop fruit. Though it is actually pretty interesting to go without things you 'can't' do without, particularly when you do not think it harms you.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast