Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Whole 30 in July 2013 page 8

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Aw, man. Wish I had some decent organic local strawberries. The farmer's market batches all look questionable, and they even use a low spray/no spray approach instead of being fully organic. Humph.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Private garden is really the only option imo to do truly organic. The size of the operation will push you towards integrated crop management for some crops. Like I don't care if birds and slugs get some berries, and I pant a lot of garlic and chives between the strawberries, plus rotate them every 3 years and don't mind loss of crop/small crop every few years due to rotation/starting young plants. Have you tried growing some in containers if you do not have a garden?

With non-organic strawberries Choco recommends washing them in soapy water. I do that when my garden is not pumping them out like mad. With the 3 of us we don't grow enough to freeze (my mom does, she only grows for herself).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Can't do a garden here; too many deer. (We tried a blackberry bush once. Once.) Hadn't thought about growing them in containers; I may give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

I use a pre-fabbed "fruit and vegetable wash" on all my produce, whether organic or not. Probably would be better to use just soapy water. (And cheaper!)

Okay, so far, no snacking for me; had eggs-n-bacon for breakfast; just had a can of pink salmon with homemade mayo (liberal amount), 2 celery stalks, and a handful of walnuts for lunch. And I feel A) content - not overfull; not hungry - and B) not sleepy. Planning on grass-fed beef burgers with either avocado or homemade guacamole tonight, maybe with some raw bell peppers. (And most likely a glass of wine. Shhh.)
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Aww, sorry about the deer. Garden is my sanctuary, can't live without it!

Unfortunately, I fell pray to art sweeteners Sunday night. I find the low carb days just too hard on W30. That's what conflicting priorities yield... I think I am too anxious about my weight still to commit to W30. I will give it a try again once my soul is in a better place.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    How did you all do on your July Whole 30? I'm on day 12 of mine (Started August 13). Feeling very good about it. Have stayed right on track, got over some difficult bumps.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678