Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 in July 2013 page 7

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    fasted yesterday, didn't sleep enough.
    ate good today, exercised a little, will sleep well tonight!!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Breaking W30 tonight with a big ol' glass of white wine because my TOM started and I'm in a truly b****y place, and it was either this or chocolate -- or ice cream. So I opted for the wine. So there. And in a bit, I'm probably going to have some raw macadamias with this wine! I HAVE NO LIMITS. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Well, yeah. Wine. Because I'm in a foul place. But I won't hate myself for it later/tomorrow, and if I had the chocolate or the ice cream (or, more likely, both), I know I'd feel terrible about it later, and would hate myself and blah blah blah. So the wine is the higher road -- and, bonus, I'm not snapping at my family. So there's that.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Breaking W30 tonight with a big ol' glass of white wine because my TOM started and I'm in a truly b****y place, and it was either this or chocolate -- or ice cream. So I opted for the wine. So there. And in a bit, I'm probably going to have some raw macadamias with this wine! I HAVE NO LIMITS. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Well, yeah. Wine. Because I'm in a foul place. But I won't hate myself for it later/tomorrow, and if I had the chocolate or the ice cream (or, more likely, both), I know I'd feel terrible about it later, and would hate myself and blah blah blah. So the wine is the higher road -- and, bonus, I'm not snapping at my family. So there's that.
    Awww! don't beat yourself up. Just see how you feel tomorrow. I am down today too for some reason, had 4 popsicles. Not bad as home made with strawberry, banana and coconut milk, but I usually only have one. If there were more in the freezer I would be in there right now. LOL.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am also of the opinion that regret is more damaging than a misstep. Okay, I did have cheese yesterday since it was the cardo/low carb day but I am back on W30 today, since it i slifting/high carb, so I can ease in by eating a wagon-load of fruit. Just 90 min to go till first meal (always a challenge to hold the fast after lifting)!

It's gonna be sweet potato with egg whites souffle (and cinnamon)! 2 apples, grapefuit, tuna with organic mustard (no added stuff) and larabar. Probably salad and steamed haddock and a LOT of watermelon for supper (or maybe just a LOT of watermelon, lol) My folks are getting pork roasts I the into the slow cooker and the salad. I roasted a couple of beets, should be a lovely salad, but no dressing for me (low fat day, of course)
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

You know you're in a funk when, after a breakfast of 3 eggs from pasture-raised hens, 3 strips of gold-plated bacon, and diced bell pepper, onion and garlic, with black coffee and water, you have a plum 90 minutes later and then feel lousy for snacking.

Holy cats. It's **just a plum.** I should not be so hard on myself!!! **scolds self**

See, this -- THIS -- for me is how depression starts: stupid things like feeling bad because **I had a plum, oh noes** spirals into feeling lousy overall. Argh!

Okay, I refused to feel bad over a plum. Sheesh. If I'm going to feel bad, it damn well better be over something like Haagen Daz. Getting some water, then off to physical therapy. Sheesh again.

Feel better soon! We have all been there! You won't believe the torture I put myself through for breaking fast 10 min earlier or eating a strawberry off the fruit plate on a low carb day. I actually punched myself in the face when cutting my folks fruit plate when I started to want fruit when I did VLC trying to train myself to not want fruit. I felt like such a huge failure when I did not stick to the rule.

And the difference? Only 10 lbs and no endless angst that I can't eat fat with fat and be happy + better sleep.

I think I may be over my Rainer cherry crush. Maybe. If I can't find any in the store today, I'll take that as a sign that the season has passed and it's time for me to let the crush go. Still eating a lot of fruit - plums, blueberries, raspberries, and refrigerated/frozen bananas. Today I'm scaling the fruit back to see if that helps with my cravings. I didn't even have any veggies sauteed in my eggs/bacon this morning. I'll figure this thing out yet.

So here's a question: If I'm relatively moderate/high fat for breakfast and lunch (say, bacon and eggs for breakfast, and turkey slices [with homemade mayo] and avocado slices and bacon on red-leaf lettuce for lunch), if I then do a somewhat lower fat/higher carb dinner (either chicken or beef sofrito [using olive oil] with sauteed zucchini), that's perfectly fine...right?

Yeah, that is what I did when I ate breakfast. A lot of people respond better to carby meals in the evening. A French benefit that you can eat a longer, relaxed meal in the evening that feels like you are indulging yourself (as the people like to do) if you do it carby - think veggies and fruit and some lean protein like shrimps, pick a bite, chew, chat, read, pick another bite, mmgh, good....

And, I am so glad to be back on W30, feels great. Treated myself to a swim this morning Just 45 min to go till breaking the fast. WEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But low carb day

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Yeah, that is what I did when I ate breakfast. A lot of people respond better to carby meals in the evening. A French benefit that you can eat a longer, relaxed meal in the evening that feels like you are indulging yourself (as the people like to do) if you do it carby - think veggies and fruit and some lean protein like shrimps, pick a bite, chew, chat, read, pick another bite, mmgh, good....

And, I am so glad to be back on W30, feels great. Treated myself to a swim this morning Just 45 min to go till breaking the fast. WEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But low carb day
    Cool - thanks.

And yay, swim! I have a ways to go before I'm willing to venture out in my bathing suit.

Low-carb days can be good! Mmmm, bacon. Mmmm, avocado. Mmmm...um, coconut...?

I really don't LOVE anything high fat, apart from nuts, so yeah, I don't enjoy LC days much. I am doing leftover pork, a boiled egg with cucs and radishes + small grapefruit for lunch, a plum if life starts looking dismal. For supper, I will use broth from the pork roast with some pork meat and have tea with almond butter and cocoa nibs. Maybe will crack open the next box of creamed coconut.

Our strawberries in the garden are going strong they are just AMAZING this year. Can't wait to pick the next batch tomorrow!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast