Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 in July 2013 page 6

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hope you will feel better!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I am jumping back in starting tonight - I finished about 30 days in May/June, then I have slowly fallen off the wagon. Too much chocolate and dried fruit and nuts. I feel out of control - all those things just have no brakes for me.
    I feel tired and bloated and sore.
    At the end of August I will be going to a family event, but I can make it clean until then.
    It already feels good to be back...!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Eh, just realized that the vanilla extract (1/4 tsp) in the blueberry scramble yesterday makes it not W30-compliant. So I guess I went off it yesterday. **shrug** Not sweating it.

Considering getting bulletproof coffee after W30: the coffee, MCT oil, butter, etc. This would be both to replace the first meal with something with calories (I've noticed that I tend not to eat breakfast and then have brunch around 11, but then I snack around 2 on fruit; looking to change this). So I'd do BPC in the morning, then have eggs/bacon/peppers for lunch and then dinner. Anyone here use (or have used) BPC? Worth it?
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

JK, I used bullet proof tea, and I used straight oil shots instead of the first meal. It is very individual. I find that it doesn't quel appetite for me - I am better off with straight black coffee & no food at all. Plus, fat makes LG approach invalid, since on lifting days fats are no good. I spent my entire bus ride this morning trying to figure out if it will be more advantageous to feed my muscles right after workout or wait till lunch for the standard 16 hrs fast. This kind of stuff drives me nuts.

I really want to be back on W30 more than cheese, since I seem to have sated my demand for it. I am wondering if I can freeze hard cheese?

EDIT: and my sleep improved so much I can't get enough of it. I have to drink 2 cups of coffee a day after 7 hrs sleep. I am having hard time to re-tooling my schedule to allow for 8-9 hrs sleep that I seem to need now. Holy cow. I used to be happy if I managed to stay 6 hrs in bed.
    Last edited by Leida; 07-16-2013 at 06:59 AM.

caradoerr is offline Junior Member
    Wow so I am on day 4 and feel like a totally different person. I have so much energy today! I am hoping my body is done protesting! Headache is gone and everything!

I have also been making kale fruit smoothed, so that might be the secret too! thank you for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    JK, I used bullet proof tea, and I used straight oil shots instead of the first meal. It is very individual. I find that it doesn't quel appetite for me - I am better off with straight black coffee & no food at all.
    Thanks, Leida. That's what I did this morning: 1/2 cup black coffee before my 45-min brisk walk, then breakfast about 60-90 minutes later (3 eggs, gold-plated bacon, bell pepper, onion scrambled in ghee; 1/2 cup black coffee; water). And man: tons of energy. Cleaned three rooms in the house and swept before checking in for work!

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    EDIT: and my sleep improved so much I can't get enough of it. I have to drink 2 cups of coffee a day after 7 hrs sleep. I am having hard time to re-tooling my schedule to allow for 8-9 hrs sleep that I seem to need now. Holy cow. I used to be happy if I managed to stay 6 hrs in bed.
    Leida, I'm still recovering from injury (Dec 1) and surgery (Jan 2) - yes, 6.5 months later (out of an 8-month projected recovery period), there are times when I'm utterly wrecked. What I've started doing is this: I don't fight it anymore. I rest. A lot. I nap when I need to. I figure that my body is working hard to A) finish healing from the injury and surgery and B) heal nutritionally/hormonally from going primal (and now Whole30). So I'm just going with the flow, and doing my best to listen to my body's cues. If your body is telling you that you need more sleep, I encourage you to sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by caradoerr View Post
    Wow so I am on day 4 and feel like a totally different person. I have so much energy today! I am hoping my body is done protesting! Headache is gone and everything!

I have also been making kale fruit smoothed, so that might be the secret too! thank you for the advice!
    So glad you're feeling better! And wahoo on the energy!

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    beware of sulfites in spices ...I have some ground ginger in my closet that says:
    ginger(sulfites)
    yikes.
    what a learning experience.

If your body is telling you that you need more sleep, I encourage you to sleep!
    Yep, I would too, but I need to re-shuffle my schedule to do this, since everything hinges on my old sleeping allocation!

I think I will go back on W30 today and freeze the rest of the cheese. It is nice and everything, but W30 is better.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast