Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 in July 2013 page 5

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Thank you I think it will take me to the end of the week to finish my goat cheese, and then I am back.

This scramble looks like an interesting. I often add strawberries to mug cakes. Scrambling might be better for bluebs, since they would pop in the microwave, I bet!

Yes, I agree with the eating simply. It has helped a lot for me going Paleo to start at the very beginning doing a whole30, it drilled it into my head not to try to replace foods I had before. The only one I have done at all is Pancakes and only for birthday and Mother's Day. I have a recipe for dairy, egg and GF ones that is really good, but I still have a problem with it so it still needs tweaking.
    +2 I make sweet potato-banana and eggs pancakes with a little bit of tapioca or rice flour (token amount) and even then I don't eat it (well, sometimes I snatch one), just make it for my folks. I find it very important to simply live with the no grain mentality and eat in style that excludes substitutes. There are plenty of foods that are intended to be grain free, and they are the best.
    Last edited by Leida; 07-15-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post

+2 I make sweet potato-banana and eggs pancakes with a little bit of tapioca or rice flour (token amount) and even then I don't eat it (well, sometimes I snatch one), just make it for my folks. I find it very important to simply live with the no grain mentality and eat in style that excludes substitutes. There are plenty of foods that are intended to be grain free, and they are the best.
    Welcome back indeed I can't have egg or dairy, so as you can imagine my pancakes are very faux... oddly they were delicious though, but still gave me tummy problems.

I am (big crossed fingers) happy to report the FODMAPS seems to be working decently for me. I have come off my Nexium and gone to the milder Zantac and I am so far feeling ok, PHEW! Hoping to eventually come off that. Things seem to be healing somewhat....... I will be sooo happy if this works.
    Last edited by Silvergirl; 07-15-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

caradoerr is offline Junior Member
    Here goes day 3 still doing alright, but I still have this awful headache and lack of energy. I find I feel better toward the end of the day. (Maybe because I'm glad I did a whole day again.)

Good news is I've already lost 5lbs. That is enough to keep me motivated!

By the way I really love this thread it really keeps me on track and motivated. Just knowing I'm not the only one, and that there are others to help motivate me. It really helps so much!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    I am so making this today. It's the egg/blueberry scramble that Mark linked to. Looks amazing.
    Oh wow - I just made the blueberry egg scramble, with a side of Whole30-approved gold-plated bacon, and MY GOD, it was so good! I recommend melting the coconut butter first and drizzling it on; I didn't do that, so some of the butter stayed thick/solid.

Seriously, this was fabulous.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of the can of coconut milk. Hmmmm.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caradoerr View Post
    Here goes day 3 still doing alright, but I still have this awful headache and lack of energy. I find I feel better toward the end of the day. (Maybe because I'm glad I did a whole day again.)

Guess your body is fighting back... it reserves the right to protest, hopefully this will pass.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caradoerr View Post

Awesome on the weight loss.

Re the headache/lack of energy: How's your sodium? I don't know what it's like where you are, but here it's very, very hot and painfully humid. I've read (somewhere?) that iodine depletion can cause headaches and low energy. Maybe add a bit more iodized salt (not sea salt) to your food, or incorporate kelp/take kelp supplements? Just a thought.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

I live in Florida so it's really hot and humid. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's near zero because I have only been eating meat, veggies, and fruit really. I will definitely try the kelp because I have a whole bag of it

Leida is offline Senior Member
    You might want to try magnesium or saline water solution as well from the pink salt. But I have to admit that for me the lethargy and dizziness was present for 6 week of very low carb - but I was going under 30 g.

I am (big crossed fingers) happy to report the FODMAPS seems to be working decently for me. I have come off my Nexium and gone to the milder Zantac and I am so far feeling ok, PHEW! Hoping to eventually come off that. Things seem to be healing somewhat....... I will be sooo happy if this works.
    Fingers crossed! And, I have eliminated eggs for a couple of weeks in the end of the June W30, it is hard.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I gave in and took 2 Tylenol :/ I had to do something. I'm a stay at home mom and have plenty of things to do through out the day and the headache is crippling me...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast