Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 in July 2013 page 4

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caradoerr View Post
    Hahaha oh goodness, lemon in my water is the best you got? just kidding. I am so determined! Someone asked me today if I was expecting (I just had a baby 6 months ago.) I felt terrible about myself and then realized I had no one to blame but myself. If pay day were sooner I would be starting w30 sooner. Come on Monday!!!!
    It took me a very long time to lose the baby weight after both of my sons were born -- you're off to a wonderful start! Try not to stress over it; it took you nine months to gain the weight, and it's perfectly fine for it to take at least as long, if not longer, to lose it. (And the best I have is "hot tub" for stress relief! That and wine.) The key, I'm finding, is to be forgiving of ourselves. We're not perfect. When other people succeed, that doesn't mean we've failed. Go at your own pace, and be proud of what you accomplish -- even if it's simply "no grains today" or "cooked an awesome primal meal today."
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

By the way, I made this recipe last night, and it was **fantastic**:

Beef sofrito

Zoodles (zucchini noodles) may be my new favorite dish!

caradoerr is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for your help an support, I really appreciate and need it. I will definitely try that recipe

Eh, went off Whole30 in a minor way this evening; booked a venue for my older son's upcoming bar mitzvah, and there was an unexpected food sampling. I ate the beef short rib slider without the bun; it was in a sauce, though. Alas. Also nibbled the field greens. Didn't touch any of the crackers, breads, roasted nuts, jam or bleu cheese. Drank the black coffee and the water. When dessert came -- chocolate mousse with whipped cream, a graham cracker and a strawberry, I sighed, plucked out the strawberry, wiped it on my napkin, and gobbled it. Loving Husband gave me his strawberry too (that's love!). So heaven knows I could have strayed much further than I actually did. I don't feel bad about it at all -- other than dang, I should have totally ordered a glass of wine, considering how much we'll be on the hook for the actual bar mitzvah!

Anyone still doing Whole30 this month?

I'll be breaking it today (which I'd planned for) - I'll be having a few glasses of wine this afternoon. But the rest of my meals will still be Whole30 compliant: will have 5 oz wild-caught albacore w/homemade mayo, celery, onion and carrot this morning for brunch, along with some romaine and maybe some blueberries and a banana. For dinner, we'll be doing the taco bowl and kale chip recipe posted here at MDA; everyone else will be having shells, but I'm doing just the beef with loads of tomatoes, lettuce, sliced peppers and avocado; no sour cream or cheese for me. (And kale chips! Nom!) For dessert: Rainer cherries.

caradoerr is offline Junior Member
    I'm in day 2

Yesterday was steak and eggs for brunch, and a veggie bison meatloaf for dinner

Today I had a plate of broccoli for lunch and an apple for a snack dinner is chicken tahini salad

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I just finished a Whole60 (56 of 60 days were compliant: 4 of them were face first in sugar). It killed my sugar addiction and I still haven't put much dairy back into my diet.

I didn't like the Whole30 forum much at all, but the underlying idea worked for me. I wasn't able to string together more than 15 days of compliant eating, though. I've been confused by that for over a year now. It doesn't seem to matter how many good carbs I eat, either. Every 14-16 days I wake up tired and craving carbs beyond control. I've learned to live with it.

Good luck!

What I took away from this experience was to NOT start making all of those Paleo recipes to replace the non-Paleo treats. It seems we are heading more and more toward a glut of Paleo desserts and Paleo treats instead of eating cleanly and simply. Even Paleo can be unhealthy when you are talking about maple syrup, honey, almond flour, coconut flour, cheese, dark chocolate gorge fests! My Paleo friends are constantly posting decadent Paleo recipes...

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Hi folks! I am just back from vacations, but I will not be able to return to W30 for a few days. I got this amazing raw goat cheese on a farm in Okanagan valley, so I will be eating dairy for a few more days (couldn't resist!). Plus, we went to Stampede yesterday (Hell of High Water, eh? if anyone is aware of our local troubles here) and polished away mini donuts. Once the cheese is done, I will come clean and restart W30.

High five for everyone sticking with it!
    Last edited by Leida; 07-14-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I will have to start again... I was advised to try FODMAPS instead of GAPS/SCD so I will consider that my whole 30.

Yes, I agree with the eating simply. It has helped a lot for me going Paleo to start at the very beginning doing a whole30, it drilled it into my head not to try to replace foods I had before. The only one I have done at all is Pancakes and only for birthday and Mother's Day. I have a recipe for dairy, egg and GF ones that is really good, but I still have a problem with it so it still needs tweaking.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Welcome back, Leida!

I went off yesterday with the 2 glasses of wine, but everything else was Whole30-approved.

I am so making this today. It's the egg/blueberry scramble that Mark linked to. Looks amazing.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast