Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 in July 2013 page 3

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Rainer cherries. Oh my God, rainer cherries. NOM.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

thewildirishgirl is offline Junior Member
    Can I join you guys? I just started a Whole30 this month with a brief pause for the holiday (where I made some very bad choices!), but now I'm back. I have one major event that will be non-Whole30, but other than that I'm committed! Too much dark chocolate, too much alcohol, too much rice, too many taters...all sneaking in there. It's time to get back on track!

This morning I had three eggs in olive oil for bkfst and a teaspoon of coconut oil in my coffee. Was called to a meeting and had to skip lunch, so unexpected IF. Dinner was two porkchops and sauteed zucchini from the garden. I just had an apple because I still felt hungry.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    The more the merrier!

Yesterday went great, even got the nacho-lovin', pizza-shovelin' boyfriend to eat kale and kohlrabi! And he liked it!
    Bulletproof coffee until Crossfit, then lamb masala chili, 2 eggs, and raspberries for first meal. I was pretty full for most of the day, and went to yoga later in the evening. Then more chili, gazpacho, and some berries for second meal. It's nice to get back to eating 2x/day, and so much easier on the food budget.

But... booze will still be my downfall. I think I'll do better to eliminate the dairy of non-butter variety, rice, white potatoes, paleofied junk foods, added sugars, and severely limit alcohol this time around. So, it's more of a Partial-30 for me. (P30?)
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Oh dear! back today one for me. Hormones kicked in, was feeling down and tired, and I semi binged. Had potato, potato chips, chocolate and sugar..... mmm maybe I am not quite ready. Doc has just put me on progesterone again that I had been off for a couple of months, I think it will help.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

caradoerr is offline Junior Member
    Sorry if I sound stupid but what is W30? I just joined the forum and plan on starting Mark's 21-day challenge Monday

@thewildirishgirl - Absolutely!

@Sophie - You rock. I'm probably going to go off W30 this Sunday when we get together with our friends. I'll see if we can make Mark's taco salad there - everyone else will have shells, I'll just do the taco meat with avocado, etc., and will bake kale chips - but I have a feeling I will have some wine. I think the key, for those of us who are doing this to kick us back into primal mode, is to be lenient at times, as long as we're mindful about what we're consuming. Because life is short, you know?

@Silvergirl - No worries! You had a non-primal day. That's cool. When you're ready, go back to primal, and to W30. I'm taking advantage of the seasonal fruit - OMG, those Rainer cherries!!! Maybe go for those, if you get in the mood for something (awesomely) sweet?

@caradoerr - Whole30 (W30) is a way of eating for a month (or, really, thirty days) when you are strictly paleo. No grains; no dairy; no added sugar; extremely minimal processed food; no alcohol. It's meant to help you reset your system so that after the thirty days, you slowly add back in a food (say, dairy) to see if you have a reaction to it (e.g., acne, bloating). Some people (hi there!) do W30 not for food reactions but as a way to refocus on eating as cleanly as possible. Here's the official W30 website, which really spells everything out.

Oh that is awesome! That being said, I would love to start that Monday, but I need advice. I am a new mom of a 6 month old, and there is nothing better than relaxing with a glass of wine after a hard day. Any advice on relaxation techniques without the wine?

Quote Originally Posted by caradoerr View Post
    Oh that is awesome! That being said, I would love to start that Monday, but I need advice. I am a new mom of a 6 month old, and there is nothing better than relaxing with a glass of wine after a hard day. Any advice on relaxation techniques without the wine?
    Lots of sunshine. A hot tub. Enjoying the taste of fabulous food (did I mention Rainer cherries?). A squeeze of lemon or orange in a glass of ice water.

(But I totally hear you on the wine!)

Got my order of Whole30-approved gold-plated bacon! (That's from US Wellness Meats - just pork and salt; nothing else. Gold plated because it's expensive when that's all you order!) Made turkey-bacon-lettuce wraps for lunch today (the turkey was Boar's Head Natural Turkey; not perfect, but no nitrates/nitrites, and definitely gluten-free) with my homemade mayo. OMG, so good!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hahaha oh goodness, lemon in my water is the best you got? just kidding. I am so determined! Someone asked me today if I was expecting (I just had a baby 6 months ago.) I felt terrible about myself and then realized I had no one to blame but myself. If pay day were sooner I would be starting w30 sooner. Come on Monday!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast