Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 in July 2013 page 2

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am in on this one I am cutting out all grains, sugar and starchy veg. for the SCD diet to try and heal my gut. 3 days in a good so far. Potato, sweet potato and rice had become more of a staple again, as I really mustn't lose any more weight. Managing to hold so far. Dairy I can't have anyway. Wine I will still use for cooking, makes such great sauces/gravies. Bad oils impossible to not have eating out though, but I have drastically reduced eating out as it has become less fun saying no grains, no eggs and no dairy please.....only fine dining can do a decent job of that.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    only fine dining can do a decent job of that.
    and why settle for anything less?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Folks, I will be travelling from early on tomorrow, hope to see you all in a week!!! Have a great week and Whole-on!

Oh, yeah, mug cake for me for breakkie (who needs sweeteners when bananas are ripe?), will make gazpacho for lunch w egg whites and maybe some shrimp (unless lazy) and pumpkin (last forzen batch from Halloween, lol) & turkey curry for supper!
    Last edited by Leida; 07-05-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Folks, I will be travelling from early on tomorrow, hope to see you all in a week!!! Have a great week and Whole-on!

Oh, yeah, mug cake for me for breakkie (who needs sweeteners when bananas are ripe?), will make gazpacho for lunch w egg whites and maybe some shrimp (unless lazy) and pumpkin (last forzen batch from Halloween, lol) & turkey curry for supper!
    Have a good trip
    Had cravings last night myself, felt unsettled, think I am missing the fullness of the starchy veg. Kept snacking on fruit and some dried fruit.
    Now 95lbs and holding.

Silvergirl, did you try avocados? They are Okay on GAPS and for me was the most successful substitute for starch. Another thing you can try if you have an Asian market is konjak noodles (shiratake, Miracle) unless GAPS not happy about them. If you have not tried it before, broth set with gelatine in a savory gello is quite a neutralish filler as well.

and, thank you, I will. Soooo slow at work. It is STampede day here, so like nobody is at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Silvergirl, did you try avocados? They are Okay on GAPS and for me was the most successful substitute for starch. Another thing you can try if you have an Asian market is konjak noodles (shiratake, Miracle) unless GAPS not happy about them. If you have not tried it before, broth set with gelatine in a savory gello is quite a neutralish filler as well.

and, thank you, I will. Soooo slow at work. It is STampede day here, so like nobody is at work.
    Avocado is a strong allergen for me Buuuttt! Konjak? how interesting. I looked it up and it is a safe starch on GAPS. Never heard of it thankyou. I will look out for it. I do like gelatine a lot. I will put it in my broth, good idea.

Ooooh! stampede, fun. I should make it up there one of these days. My daughters boyfriend's parents are Calgarians.
    Now 95lbs and holding.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Those miracle noodles can run right through you like chia seeds, so use carefully! I'd rather have zucchini or squash "noodles" myself, but I'm unfamiliar with GAPS protocol.

I've been feeling like dog doo all week, so I think today's going to be my D1. Bulletproof coffee with collagen powder pre WOD, then a grassfed burger patty, fried farm egg, avocado, and vinegar-slaw for lunch. I'm making a green gazpacho and salmon for dinnah. Maybe a nectarine or some berries if I still want something sweet. Sitting down and writing this out is making me drool...

Have a great trip Leida!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Okay, back from vacation and ready to do Whole30. Stepped on the scale and took my measurements. Now sipping black coffee and preparing a shopping list - going to make zoodles (zucchini noodles) later, and must make a new batch of homemade mayo, etc.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Alrighty, so Sunday ended up as D1. Grapefruit mint margaritas were too enticing.
    Jackie, what recipes did you find? I'm making this tomorrow:

Masala Chili with Kale & Kohlrabi |

Yesterday was a veg omelette, bacon, grapes, and an avocado burger with a sweet potato and a nectarine (darn those are good right now...), then steamed mussels in tomato sauce before bed. A little higher in carbs than some would say is okay, but I've crashed on both W30 and 21DSD because it was just too low carb. Even at this level, I still get keto-breath. Today's been delicious, with eggs, wild boar sausage and green gazpacho so far. I plan on polishing off the cole slaw and last burger, and will probably get back into that gazpacho tonight. Planning on taking a looooong walk at sunset.
    I really wanted some chocolate last night after inhaling those mussels, even though I was totally stuffed. It reminded me of the SAD old days, and was a quick reminder why I need these WOE "resets" from time to time.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Jackie, what recipes did you find?
    I'm going to make the "zoodles" that Mark mentioned in passing in the links post yesterday. Bought zucchinis and other stuff today. Also ordered my gold-plated bacon from US Wellness Meats.

Today went well food-wise. No cravings, but man, massive headache toward the latter half of the day. I'm guessing it's partially from how lousy my food intake was when I was on vacation for the past four days.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast