Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School Student Going Primal - Need Advice page

PrimalStudentX is offline Junior Member

School Student Going Primal - Need Advice

Shop Now
    Hey guys, so the overview is I'm a 16 year old student on holidays, I'm 109kg and starting the Primal lifestyle to get that extra 15kg off and feel overall better. At the moment primal is good but I think I'm going to find it hard coming up with some simple meals for school time and early morning wake ups. Any tips would be great guys!

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudentX View Post
    Hey guys, so the overview is I'm a 16 year old student on holidays, I'm 109kg and starting the Primal lifestyle to get that extra 15kg off and feel overall better. At the moment primal is good but I think I'm going to find it hard coming up with some simple meals for school time and early morning wake ups. Any tips would be great guys!
    Hi and good on you for taking control of your health at such a young age!

Do you do your own shopping and cooking, or are you at the mercy of your parents?

Preparation will be key. If you aren't the type to get up a little early to make a good breakfast make sure you have made something the night before, or make more for dinner so you can have leftovers for brekkie or lunches.

Concentrate on good whole foods, meat, fish, fruit and veggies, and don't cook with veggie oils. Try not to worry about the details and when you don't have control over what's available, just make the best choices you can.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome X. My main tip to you would be to just eat real food. Avoid the processed garbage that your classmates will probably be ingesting in huge amounts, including bread, fried foods and packaged snacks. Just doing that will have you feeling healthier, and as long as you move around some and don't get carried away with rpimal treats, the extra weight should resolve itself. Best wishes.

My parents do the shopping but I may be able to suggest a few things here and there. Getting up early shouldn't be a massive problem as a 6:30 wakeup is normal. Would you happen to have any ideas on some easy things to make? Thanks!

Thanks Annieh! Yeah slowly getting off the sugar cravings although they haven't been too high. Going well so far just kinda worried about after the holidays end, I agree preparation will be the key.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Just put lots of whole foods in your lunchbox. Boiled eggs, salami slices, cheese, fruit, carrot sticks, a few nuts. Leftover meatball or chicken drumstick.

A few treats like fruit and nut bars (combine in a food processor dried fruit, ground nuts, butter, cocoa, essence. Shape into balls or bars and coat with coconut).

Rice salad could work: precook some rice, divide into containers for the week. Add chunks of chicken, chopped boiled egg, leftover diced cooked veges, olives, sliced almonds. Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Eggs scrambled in butter are quick and easy for breakfast if you have a small pan. Include veges left over from the night before.

Other easy things to make could be berry icecream or chocolate mug cake, check out my journal for ideas.

vincebae is offline Member
    My favorite breakfast is fried eggs + bacon + strawberry + coffee with heavy cream.

My wife likes my yogurt mix (see the recipe below) with blueberry or strawberry in it, and coffee.
    - 60g organic plain greek yogurt(usually zero or low fat)
    - 60g organic plain (raw) kefir(also usually zero or low fat)
    - 15g organic raw heavy cream
    - 8g raw honey

My daughter's favorite is gluten free pancake(see the recipe below) with butter and maple syrup(very thin layer) on top, raw milk and blueberry.

- 50g(1/3 cup) Better batter style GF flour - see the recipe here
    - 1/2 tsp baking powder(gluten and aluminium free)
    - pinch of salt
    - 5g brown rice syrup
    - 5g MCT or coconut oil
    - 1 egg
    - 80g coconut milk(or coconut butter + water) or milk
    - a little bit of ghee on the pan

Makes two 4-inch pancakes.
    Last edited by vincebae; 07-02-2013 at 10:29 AM.

mike is offline Senior Member
    Hi X - Well, I think the main thing will be to get your Ps on board with it. Most will croak if you say you want eggs for breakfast every day and instead insist you eat 'healthy' cereal.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I agree with Mike you need to get your parents on board, emphasize that you will be eating whole foods; it's hard to object to eating, meat, veggies, fruit and dairy. You may need to learn to cook a few things because most of this food needs to be prepared, your parents may not be that keen on cooking food just for you. My 15 yr. old son eats primally and he has no interest in cooking, but since we all eat this way it's not a big deal. He eats a lot more fruit than my husband and I and that's an easy thing to have on hand.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Guys this is great! Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'm definitely going to try these. This morning made some bacon with scrambled eggs, cheese, little bit of tomato and silver beat in butter. I've heard about muffins that are like little meals, can anyone shed some light on that? Or some recipes! thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast