Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Shut my CICO Friend Up - THE GHEE CHALLENGE page 7

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    To the OP, so how did the friend change the rules of the game to make it not worth it? Did he inject carbs somehow?

And yes, if a fat-burner takes in more fat calories than fat calories are burned, he'll gain weight. Duh. The point is that a rea fat-burner won't WANT to take in all those fat calories. He'll be full, he'll forget to eat, he'll get sick, etc.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Do you always do this type of BS arguing?
    Yeah, I guess I just seek out confrontation, just to get the feelings of self-gratification. That's it. I guess it has nothing to do with people spreading misinformation. You sparked the argument when you posted Dr. Lustig's video, which I find to be extremely misleading.

Who taught you how to debate and construct and argument?
    Well I guess I learned from experience, because I seemingly seek out arguments for my own enjoyment (according to you).

Someone falsely accuses me of going against Atkins' stuff (and where that came from I don't know).
    No clue what you're talking about here.

I mention I'm in the same opinion as Mark when it comes to ratios and consumption sugar, carbs, fats, protein....it's HIS blog...and you come back you this???
    Don't quite understand what you're saying here. We're talking about sugar (specifically fructose) because you linked Dr. Lustig's video. Don't accuse me of seeking out argument when your post and lack of evidence to back it is what has led us to this point. I'm not arguing to be disrespectful to Mark or anyone else, I'm just looking at the facts. If there's a problem with this, let me know.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Aragon View Post
    You missed the point. Research should be judged first & foremost on methodology. You cannot selectively dismiss research you don't agree with merely based on funding source.
    Yes I know, which is why I posted the google scholar search giving scores of research papers. I bought Harvard biochemist, Matt Lalonde's, 6 hour webinar. It cost $100 and was worth every nickle. One of the papers JJ posted here was also source in that lecture. The paper was an acute study sponsored by DANISCO. What Mat pointed out that we want to know is chronic cause and effect over time....which btw is what Lustig is focused on. The reason I read Mark's blog post is because I know he digs through the research papers. I don't have the time to do that.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

quikky is offline Senior Member
    You should eat your friend and see if you gain weight from it. Pretty primal.

Alan Aragon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Yes I know, which is why I posted the google scholar search giving scores of research papers. I bought Harvard biochemist, Matt Lalonde's, 6 hour webinar. It cost $100 and was worth every nickle. One of the papers JJ posted here was also source in that lecture. The paper was an acute study sponsored by DANISCO. What Mat pointed out that we want to know is chronic cause and effect over time....which btw is what Lustig is focused on. The reason I read Mark's blog post is because I know he digs through the research papers. I don't have the time to do that.
    If you're trying to make a point here, it's lost in irrelevance.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    If you're trying to make a point here, it's lost in irrelevance.
    His point is that there's a difference between acute toxicity and chronic toxicity. Here's a more thorough statement of the question and some of the problems with answering it: Is sugar toxic? The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.

Alan Aragon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    His point is that there's a difference between acute toxicity and chronic toxicity. Here's a more thorough statement of the question and some of the problems with answering it: Is sugar toxic? The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.
    It's apparent that he's stuck on appealing to authority & dismissing data based on funding source. If he's now bringing up acute vs chronic effect, he's now running into a straw man (adding to the existing fallacies).

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Thank you!
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    It's apparent that he's stuck on appealing to authority & dismissing data based on funding source. If he's now bringing up acute vs chronic effect, he's now running into a straw man (adding to the existing fallacies).
    Is acute vs. chronic toxicity as it relates to sugar in general and/or fructose specifically a straw man?

Appealing to authority? You're the strawman. Appealing to authority is not a fallacy if the person(s) in question are authorities in that field. A study funded by...DANISCO is automatically suspect and held to a higher standard since the prospects of financial bias are also at play. It's like Lalonde said in that webinar you have to look at who's funding the paper. That's why journals print who's funding the researcher work.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast