Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Shut my CICO Friend Up - THE GHEE CHALLENGE page 4

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Fructose doesn't even trigger satiety.

Study shows glucose
    “Increases in fructose consumption have paralleled the increasing prevalence of obesity, and high-fructose diets are thought to promote weight gain and insulin resistance. Fructose ingestion produces smaller increases in circulating satiety hormones compared with glucose ingestion, and central administration of fructose provokes feeding in rodents, whereas centrally administered glucose promotes satiety,” according to background information in the article. “Thus, fructose possibly increases food-seeking behavior and increases food intake.”

Tell him to watch these or shut up. At least they'll keep him busy for awhile.
    Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube
    Lol. Dr. Lustig's video on sugar/fructose is such a joke, and anyone watching it is wasting away their life listening to scaremongering, sensationalist BS.

Challenging the Fructose Hypothesis: New Perspectives on Fructose Consumption and Metabolism
    The bitter truth about fructose alarmism. | Alan Aragon's Blog
    A retrospective of the fructose alarmism debate. | Alan Aragon's Blog
    Is Sugar Toxic? - Ft. Alan Aragon - YouTube
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Oh and OP, please keep us updated on how drinking straight ghee goes.

Also, are you actually going to measure/count anything or are you going to pull the typical BS of saying you ate more throughout the day than you really did just to make a point?

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Why not just kick him in the balls and call it a day?
    This is my new favorite thread.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    You are a joke. As per your first link (Challenging the Fructose Hypothesis: New Perspectives on Fructose Consumption and Metabolism1,2,3 John S. White*) I found just what I expected to fined.

Quote: ↵3 Author disclosures: J. S. White: As a consultant and advisor to the food and beverage industry in the area of nutritive sweeteners, the author receives compensation from scientific societies, research institutes, food industry councils, trade organizations, and individual companies. Clients have an ongoing interest in nutritive sweetener research, development, production, applications, safety, nutrition, and education.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Indian wrestlers drink ghee daily to gain fat...
    Wait, there's actually indian wrestlers? I thought that was just a silly game that kids and drunk people play.

Next you're gonna tell me there are thumb wrestlers and competitive rock-paper-scissors competitors...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    You are a joke. As per your first link (Challenging the Fructose Hypothesis: New Perspectives on Fructose Consumption and Metabolism1,2,3 John S. White*) I found just what I expected to fined.

Quote: ↵3 Author disclosures: J. S. White: As a consultant and advisor to the food and beverage industry in the area of nutritive sweeteners, the author receives compensation from scientific societies, research institutes, food industry councils, trade organizations, and individual companies. Clients have an ongoing interest in nutritive sweetener research, development, production, applications, safety, nutrition, and education.
    Typical. The type of person who looks at someone's credentials before discounting a study. Yes, if the research is somehow flawed, this could definitely be explained by bias, but that's not that case here. And Lustig doesn't have an agenda? Lustig doesn't get paid big bucks for presentations like this and the 60 minute special he was featured in? Nonsense.

You seem to be unable to think for yourself. The research is clear as day. If you don't want to, you don't even have to look at that paper. I advise you to take a look at Aragon's dismantling of Lustig, in the posts as well as the comments. Looks like Lustig's sensationalist talks have done a number on you.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Wait, there's actually indian wrestlers? I thought that was just a silly game that kids and drunk people play.

Next you're gonna tell me there are thumb wrestlers and competitive rock-paper-scissors competitors...
    google the world series of roshambo
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Typical. The type of person who looks at someone's credentials before discounting a study. Yes, if the research is somehow flawed, this could definitely be explained by bias, but that's not that case here. And Lustig doesn't have an agenda? Lustig doesn't get paid big bucks for presentations like this and the 60 minute special he was featured in? Nonsense.

You seem to be unable to think for yourself. The research is clear as day. If you don't want to, you don't even have to look at that paper. I advise you to take a look at Aragon's dismantling of Lustig, in the posts as well as the comments. Looks like Lustig's sensationalist talks have done a number on you.
    Yeah, and tobacco companies have done their own research showing that (secondhand) smoking isn't linked to cancer.
    Elsevier: Article Locator
    Abstract
    Summary

Scientific reports on second-hand smoke have stimulated legislation on clean indoor air in the USA, but less so in Europe. Recently, the largest European study, by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), demonstrated a 16% increase in the point estimate of risk in lung cancer for nonsmokers, a result consistent with earlier studies. However, the study was described by newspapers and the tobacco industry as demonstrating no increase in risk. To understand the tobacco industry's strategy on the IARC study we analysed industry documents released in US litigation and interviewed IARC investigators. The Philip Morris tobacco company feared that the study (and a possible IARC monograph on second-hand smoke) would lead to increased restrictions in Europe so they spearheaded an inter-industry, three-prong strategy to subvert IARC's work. The scientific strategy attempted to undercut IARC's research and to develop industry-directed research to counter the anticipated findings. The communications strategy planned to shape opinion by manipulating the media and the public. The government strategy sought to prevent increased smoking restrictions. The IARC study cost $2 million over ten years; Philip Morris planned to spend $2 million in one year alone and up to $4 million on research. The documents and interviews suggest that the tobacco industry continues to conduct a sophisticated campaign against conclusions that secondhand smoke causes lung cancer and other diseases, subverting normal scientific processes.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

vincebae is offline Member
    I think you need to make sure to eat minimal carb and not too much protein to minimize insulin level.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Have you done it yet? Chugged the 140g of ghee, I mean. You may experience gastrointestinal distress if you consume that much fat in one sitting without first getting used to it. I just know from the Shangri-La Diet thread that some people experienced diarrhea from drinking just 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil a day. (I had no such problem when I tried SLD, but I have bowels of steel. SLD didn't work for me either so ...) Anyway, you're talking about drinking 10 tablespoons. You might get the shits at first so better be near a bathroom all day just to be safe...
    +1 Curious as well, if you get through with the plan and if you are still alive. I ate 1/3 cup of coconut oil w/o digestive problems but it did not satiate me. I was trying fat fast.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast