Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Shut my CICO Friend Up - THE GHEE CHALLENGE page 3

Kiki is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I would imagine you would vomit until you pee'd yourself if you drank hot ghee (or any other straight oil) in that quantity; just typing about it makes me feel sick

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Your friend doesn't sound like the kind of person who would change his ideas when presented with any evidence, no matter how conclusive. You are wasting your time. Live your life and let others ask you about it if they are interested.

DennyB is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you just need to find a new friend?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    If you're going to drink loads of ghee/fat in the morning, may as well make it the Bulletproof coffee variety.

I love my butter/ghee, but drinking it straight would be pretty gross after a while... though I see you've decided against it altogether, which is for the best.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    @OP

I forgot to mention: you don't have to prove him anything. But he can try to prove you wrong if he wants

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Why not just kick him in the balls and call it a day?

But, yeah go ahead with the experiment. I think at an additional 700 calories of pure good fat its likely that a healthy fat adapted metabolism can compensate on the CO end at least in the short term (4 weeks or so).
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-02-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Indian wrestlers drink ghee daily to gain fat...

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Indian wrestlers drink ghee daily to gain fat...
    wait...you mean drinking extra calories, even if its fat, will make you fat??? mind is blown. lol...
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    CICO conventional wisdom is right. If you eat more than you burn you will gain weight....but the body isn't some simple high school physics experiment. It's a complex chemical factory that PhDs in biochemistry have yet figured it all out. Eating certain foods will increase your appetite. Bodybuilders who do self experimentation all the time figured that out years ago. Fructose doesn't even trigger satiety.

Study shows glucose
    “Increases in fructose consumption have paralleled the increasing prevalence of obesity, and high-fructose diets are thought to promote weight gain and insulin resistance. Fructose ingestion produces smaller increases in circulating satiety hormones compared with glucose ingestion, and central administration of fructose provokes feeding in rodents, whereas centrally administered glucose promotes satiety,” according to background information in the article. “Thus, fructose possibly increases food-seeking behavior and increases food intake.”

Tell him to watch these or shut up. At least they'll keep him busy for awhile.
    Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube
    The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 1): An Epidemic for Every Body - YouTube
    The Fat Switch Book | Weight Control Guide - Mercola.com
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

diene is offline Senior Member
    Have you done it yet? Chugged the 140g of ghee, I mean. You may experience gastrointestinal distress if you consume that much fat in one sitting without first getting used to it. I just know from the Shangri-La Diet thread that some people experienced diarrhea from drinking just 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil a day. (I had no such problem when I tried SLD, but I have bowels of steel. SLD didn't work for me either so ...) Anyway, you're talking about drinking 10 tablespoons. You might get the shits at first so better be near a bathroom all day just to be safe...

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast