Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Shut my CICO Friend Up - THE GHEE CHALLENGE page 12

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    So you tell me...as a layman who tries to ferret out as much of this stuff as I can (which is way more than 95% of the population) and understand it as much as I can, who am I supposed to believe? You? And if so why? Guys like Dr Johnson and Lustig are doing the labs/clinicals and disseminating it (through books/videos) to people like me who want to know.
    Scott, i just wanted to point out in case you were unaware, Alan Aragon has some pretty good credentials of his own. AlanAragon.com - Fitness Based on Science & Experience Why hes here (Hi Alan!) arguing about fructose in a thread about ghee, im not really sure. Seems like a poor choice of time to try and convince you, even im not taking the bait. Haha.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Scott, i just wanted to point out in case you were unaware, Alan Aragon has some pretty good credentials of his own. AlanAragon.com - Fitness Based on Science & Experience Why hes here (Hi Alan!) arguing about fructose in a thread about ghee, im not really sure. Seems like a poor choice of time to try and convince you, even im not taking the bait. Haha.
    Well, it's kinda my fault that the thread got thrown off track (ok, it's all my fault). But, I couldn't let that Lustig video get posted and not say anything about it!
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Well, it's kinda my fault that the thread got thrown off track (ok, it's all my fault). But, I couldn't let that Lustig video get posted and not say anything about it!
    I've fallen for that trap too. Anyone who posts that video, has nothing important to say. I learned to just move on.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Alrighty then.... thats really all I got to say.... Except.... I WIN THE THREAD!
    Sorry NH, Kochin already won the thread, post 12.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    Sorry NH, Kochin already won the thread, post 12.
    No kick to the nuts?!?!.... Fine whatever. Shits rigged anyhow!

Alan Aragon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Howdy Zach. It's a pingback from Jake that brought me here, he is to blame for the mayhem .... I just scrolled back in the thread & noticed that Jake's pingback to my blog was in response to Scott linking Lustig's Bitter Truth video.

Scott - in case you read this, I've debated Lustig directly, and can objectively say that his sense of logic, reason, and knowledge of the body of research evidence were all sorely lacking. I would not put the man on a pedestal.
    Last edited by Alan Aragon; 07-02-2013 at 10:32 PM.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Silly me. I thought this might be a fun paleo forum. Seems to be a frat boy play ground.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Alan Aragon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Silly me. I thought this might be a fun paleo forum. Seems to be a frat boy play ground.
    Fun? Whatchu talkin bout Willis? Paleo is serious business.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randomcow View Post
    Please let me know any risks you foresee in me drinking 1000kcal of melted ghee (about 140g) every morning for two weeks just in order to prove a point with my CICO buddy.

Seriously, I've had it with this guy. I swear he has dreams about having sex with CICO professors doused in Coke Zero. All he does is walk around like a doofus saying that you can lose weight by reducing calories, that the source of the calories doesn't matter.

I'm going to prove him wrong by drinking 140g of melted ghee (or equivalent in melted butter, macadamia oil, olive oil, etc) in addition to my regular diet, and show him that I didn't put on the several kg of fat he is expecting I will.

FOR SCIENCE!!!
    I'd like to say this whole post is awesome.

The goofy CICO thing got started over a 100 years ago with some idiot burning up food in a mini-oven. It set the foundation for nutrition "science" in America, which hasn't worked out well for those people.

Mini-ovens do not have a hormonal response to food.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Aragon View Post
    25% of total kcals from fructose fed to a sedentary population is obviously a bad idea. But no one is arguing in favor of extremes. You linked a study examining the effects of roughly 150 g/day of isolated fructose. Achieving this dose would require 300 g sucrose (table sugar). This is obviously far-fetched, especially in populations with half a brain & a modicum of dietary consciousness.
    Does that rule out Americans?

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast