Thread: Hello from Chicago... page

amacguy1776 is offline Junior Member

Hello from Chicago...

Just wanted to say hi. I ordered Primal Blueprint a few days ago after coming across some exciting before and after stories on the "Interwebs" (and Reddit). Then I found this website and decided that I would try the whole Primal/Paleo approach.

I've always struggled with my weight growing up. Luckily I have a large frame and generally am able to hide my excess weight so that with clothes I look big but not terrible. However I HATE how I look in the mirror. Ugh.

Over the years I've yo-yo'd with other diets. Weight Watchers, Atkins, etc... A few years ago I went from about 275 down to 205 and while I still wasn't "fit" I thought I had done well with my diet and basic exercise.

But back to old habbits I went and my weight slowly creeped back up to where I am now at 280. I FEEL SO DISGUSTED with everything.

I totally feel trapped in the SAD diet and can tell that the Primal approach just "makes sense". My day is a constant up and down of mood and whatnot that is tied totally to what I'm eating. In reading a lot of the success stories on this site I can tell that there are so many people that started out feeling the same way.

I need to get groceries tonight and hopefully tomorrow I will be starting my journey to a better me. I've luckily spent the past few weeks getting myself off my my Starbucks sugar/cream coffee addiction! So that's a step in the right direction

Hope to have the opportunity to chat with lots of you in the forums.

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I did primal for 4 months last year, but life sidetracked me. I recently started eating this way again and cant figure out why I ever stopped. You'll feel so much better. And good for you...I still haven't kicked my Starbucks addiction, but now I just drink half and half with espresso. Good Luck.
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome and good luck!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial