Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgery, primal and my refusal to be a statistic page

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member

Surgery, primal and my refusal to be a statistic

Primal Fuel
    Tomorow morning im going for major surgery for wich the dr estimates a 6-8 week recoup time.

I fully intend to be the one that leaves them in shock and awe, muttering things like..."but but but..nobody heals that fast....when did you get your surgery again?"

Ive spent the last year eating mostly primal (and lost about 50 lbs without trying as i changed my way of eating primarily to get healthier), ive spent the last month going the extra mile to give my body all the nutritional help i could possibly stuff in my mouth and staying as stress free as possible.

So this here thread where i prove the human body is capible of healing and repairing much faster and better than CW gives it credit for given the proper tools to work with and minimizing the toxins and crap that starve the body of the nutrition it wants.

And no...i will not be eating the hospital food...exspecially the beef....
    Hubby will be bringing me my meals post surgery, all primal, highly nutritious real food (and venison bone broth ) bottled water(dont trust their water..it taste ..odd....) and some supliments to help offset the damage and stress put on the body when undergoing surgery.

Wish me luck
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Your confidence will see you through. You don't need good luck. I do wish you well on an even speedier recovery than you anticipate. Take care.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    good luck, extra protein and enough rest and stay positive
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Myra is offline Junior Member
    You will shock and awe. The doctors are telling you what the typical patient experiences. You do not live like the typical patient.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Best wishes for success and a very speedy recovery!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Good luck! I'm interested to see how your healing process goes
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Well so far so good, they let me go home today after surgery tuesday (sub-hystorectomy and removal of some very large fibroids)
    Dr seemed pretty suprised at just how well the surgery went and well i was doing afterwards. Unlike the other people in the ward i looked pretty good, hubby said just a lil bit of dark circles under eyes when he saw me directly after surgery and looked my usual self by the next day
    Bikini line insision looks a lot better than i exspected, hardly any bruising/puffyness at all and im not having any problem getting up and walking about etc .
    Lots of meat, duck eggs, yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, coconut water and bone broth so far. Hubby was good and brought me food cause the hospital food is nasty nasty slop that i wouldent touch for anything.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Hey

Pleased it went well and you're home already. That I believe is a major factor in healing - being happy in your surrounding!!!

Good Luck!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I had the same surgery done a year or so ago and experienced no post surgery pain and was released the next day. The nurses and doctor couldn't believe how well I was doing.
    Isn't Primal wonderful?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    That's great to hear. A surgeon who is also board certified in plastics or at least cares about the scar s/he leaves is a godsend.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast