Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to fix these nasty pores on my face? page

troubledstudent is offline Junior Member

How to fix these nasty pores on my face?

Shop Now
    Especially on my nose, i thought they were blackheads, but apparently they're sebacious filaments and everyone has them. Size and shape are determined by genetics. But surely I can do something about them...They look so inflamed and unhealthy!

My diet is pretty on point, mostly grass fed beef, butter, broccoli, leafy greens, coconut oil, occasional berries, maple syrup, sugar in small amounts in seasonings.

0HGuB46.jpg

gXLuwDm.jpg

Anyone have any advice?
    Last edited by troubledstudent; 07-01-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Andrew Galea is offline Junior Member
    I suggest you consult a dermatologist, perhaps he/she could recommend some form of cream or ointment to restrict the pores.

Thanks for the reply Andrew, but I'm not a fan of creams and ointments, i feel like there must be a Primal way to do it.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Are you following a paleo/primal diet? If so, for how long? It took a few months for my skin to improve. Washing with a bit of baking soda helped me. It seems to help smooth things out. Also, I don't use any soaps on my face. I use tea tree oil if I have an outbreak.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Are you following a paleo/primal diet? If so, for how long? It took a few months for my skin to improve. Washing with a bit of baking soda helped me. It seems to help smooth things out. Also, I don't use any soaps on my face. I use tea tree oil if I have an outbreak.

yeah, sorry, the part about my diet was below the pics but i edited them to the top of the original post

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Baking soda and milk or buttermilk, mixed into a paste. Steam yourmpores open with a hot washcloth forca minute or two. Glob the paste on, rub ***gently*** for a minute or so, and rinse with warm water. Once or twice per week.

For daily use, order some swedish egg white soap. I use this brand: Amazon.com: Lanolin-Agg-Tval Swedish Eggwhite Soap - 1 Box of 6 - 50g bars: Beauty

It lasts forever and after 9 months, my pores are now almost invisible.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    That's my face, too. Actually, almost exactly. I avoid nightshades, bad oils, and dairy, and eat plenty of antioxidant-rich food like chocolate, berries, green tea, dandelion, and saturated fat. Almost any amount of vegetable oil or peanut, soybean, etc. will turn my face red and open the pores. Tea and avoiding the triggers will keep my pores small. And never wash your face with anything but water. Sun exposure helps. And especially dandelion root tea, fresh-picked roots only.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you could put the coconut oil on your face, my nose looked similar to yours and it improved after oil cleansing
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I would try avoiding all dairy products for at least a month, keeping your diet as clean as possible. Also, regular direct sunlight will help enormously (being of course careful not to over-expose)

ralu.hvt is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troubledstudent View Post
    sugar in small amounts in seasonings.
    Never underestimate sugar. Even the kind in all those syrups.

I just come after a week of eating corn flakes with raisins & milk 4x and had homemade chocolate 3x (lots of sugar) and besides feeling like a train ran over me, I already got a couple of painful zits and blackheads are creeping all over my face. I also have insulin spots - lots of moles on my legs, back & chest that simply go away when VLC. I wasn't even that overweight on a SAD diet & I'm only 24 but sugar wrecked me forever, I'm just that sensitive to it. Can't wait to see what it does to me when I'm older. I had awful acne as a teen & it disappeared when I cut it out at 20 yo.

I can feel the inflammation coming on when I do this, thankfully it's summer otherwise I would have gotten a nasty bout of flu too (it suppresses the immune system). You're lucky it's just affecting your pores. I just have to remind myself from time to time what it felt like before discovering this.

You have to cut'em out of you plan for a significant period of time to see what's the biggest culprit - sugar itself, the fruit or the dairy (even butter). It's just that - be a little stricter.

When I began this diet people around me started to compliment on my skin & were shocked at the difference it made. It really improved my complexion, minimised pores & evened out coloring & I don't use any sort of cosmetics & creams. They all say they can't give up bread & sweets and are trying to find ways to get these results without changing their eating habits. That's how memorable my acne is, even after 4 years ) They're annoying me by complaining to me about all the new stuff they're trying like I was the one getting those for them )
    Last edited by ralu.hvt; 07-02-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast