Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to fix these nasty pores on my face? page 2

ralu.hvt is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    And for the 'WOW !' effect you have to up the fat. I remember someone telling me about how rosy my cheeks were all the time, that I was glowing after I really started to keep an eye on this (70-80% fat) & asked me if I had gotten a boyfriend ahahaha. I've seen this mentioned by others on LC forums. The higher fat (ketones probably) seems to improve circulation for the skin & brain, so better skin + good mental health = folks around (0.0)

Kiki is offline Junior Member
    For a fairly natural exfoliator/skin conditioner you could try porridge oats wrapped into a muslin cloth and run under a hot tap until the liquid coming out runs cloudy; GENTLY 'brush' (rather than scrub) over your skin. The muslin will exfoliate, the oat water will sooth it. Rinse with cool water and pat dry. Cleavers (Galium aparine) tea might help too as that is a good blood tonic and can also be used as a rinse.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    My pores look just like yours. Through all types of diets and all kinds of Primal hacks, I still have them. I'm not saying there isn't a solution though, so if you find one, I'd be glad to know!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    have you considered diluted apple cider vinegar as a facial wash? its pretty good,cheap and probably worth a try, dilute it 1part to 3 parts water at first and no more than 50-50 if it helps (strong solutions dry the skin).
    witch hazel can also improve the appearance of defined pores so might be worth trying.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My pores have always looked like that too. I find soap and other harsh cleansers can make it worse. When I was younger I cared. But I realize that I'm the only one who ever noticed.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I have some tiny pores on my nose, and recently started using copper peptides. They have definitely improved the texture of my skin and shrunk the pores! You have to be cautious with the dosage though, and start very low.

Other than that: supping with gelatine can only help.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12