Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engage(d)! page

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member

Engage(d)!

So this weekend, on my third year anniversary being with my current girlfriend, I took a hold of the moment we were having at the park and asked her to marry me

No fancy rings involved or anything, or anything crazy like that - just gave her back her ring that she's had me wear for a long while now. We'll do the official ring shopping later. Wasn't premeditated, we've talked about it over the last year or so and we've actually been living together for some time without any issues. Figured it was time I stopped making her wait. She's got a lot of awesome qualities; the last three years was something like dating my best friend.

In my real life social circle, this came as a surprise to exactly no one. Everyone's had us pegged as being one person for quite some time now. Never thought I'd have made it this far.

M.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I have just the thing for you...

engaged.jpg

Congratulations!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!

IMO, this is a very good sign:

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    the last three years was something like dating my best friend

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huarache Gal View Post
    Congrats!

IMO, this is a very good sign:
    It is! When we met, I was a broke loser that washed out of college (money) and was living jobless in my parent's basement. Now, three years on, I've gone through a few jobs (step upwards each time) and I now work on finishing my degree while holding an internship with a tech company at a naval base. Theory is I could have done all that myself, but in reality I probably wouldn't have. The effect people can have on each other, eh?

M.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    haha run for your life!

when you are young maybe it feels good like you are playing grown-up if a woman gets you to go get shit done. That will get old real quick lol
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! I hope you will be happy and enriched to the end of your days!

(Don't listen to naysayers - they are generally douche bags.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Congratulations! I hope you will be happy and enriched to the end of your days!

(Don't listen to naysayers - they are generally douche bags.)
    Well, I'm a naysayer/douche bag, but I hope you're one of the rare cases where this works out well.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member

haha congrats

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    haha greatness
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast