Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Primal cost me my job, kinda. page 3

Katt is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Luckily, I don't have to lie about it. I do have a food intolerance. Heh. Good luck, everyone else!

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

maba I'm not sure about Waldorf but I think the PB would easily fit in with the Montessori way... I REALLY want to go through Montessori training but it's pretty pricey. Maybe someday, and I can do a Primal Montessori school. haha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Heck, let's just go with a Primal Community, like Mormons, but without the Religion.

Community Garden, Community Cows and Chickens.

Heck, the government will actually fund such a community if you have some sort of 'agricultural' crop.

Then, we can build our houses from adobe (it's a 'new', economical and inexpensive way to build a home and is even approved by building code). The land would be supplied by the government and we'd produce, oh, let's see, Bamboo! Yeah. It's easy to grow, sustainable and creates quite the income!

Sigh....if only...

hannahc is offline Senior Member

When I have kids they are definitely going to Montessori schools (well, I hope anyway...depends on the cost in the area I suppose). FNW you can run the school, and SF you can find the perfect spot for our co-op! Back to basics, who needs a boss anyway?? (As I enjoy my lunch break...

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

geckogirl Guest

SassaFrass - strawbale houses are gorgeous and super efficient, and conducive to community "barn raising" events.... perfect for that sort of situation.

Peggy is offline Senior Member

PJAP: look! Mark posted a workout for you today ;-)

what a great way to vent your frustrations...

That's it! Strawbale houses. My mom investigated into those and found that you can have a 'class' come and build yours for free, while you pay for the materials.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

PJAP: ever thought of moving to NYC or San Francisco?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

@SerialSinner, often thought of a move. Pittsburgh isn't a very forward thinking city. I wish I had a sledgehammer to do Mark's workout today! Former "boss" called and left me a pretty shitty message stating that she is expecting a letter of resignation. Um, you let me go... I am assuming that they are now worried about a possible lawsuit. I'm over it. I have my Master's, over a decade of experience in school administration, and plenty of street cred to go with it. I won't sacrifice myself just because of my eating habits or this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40952959@N02/?saved=1

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

hannahc, you can always homeschool if the Montessori schools are too expensive.

Or do what my sister did and ask the school if you can work there in exchange for reduced/free tuition for your kid(s). She went in hoping for some sort of "anything" job (secretary or whatever) and ended up getting hired as the art teacher. I think she's been there 4-5 years now and she loves her job. (Her degree is in art and art history.)

good resource for montessori materials: http://forsmallhands.com/store/

I have this book and it's pretty great:

http://www.forsmallhands.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=84_112_639&zenid=8 3b63f088231f474cb332fabff7c405a

Really want this book:

http://www.forsmallhands.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=84_112_649&zenid=8 3b63f088231f474cb332fabff7c405a

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast