Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal and LDL effects after Primal page 3

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by faredoon View Post
    Thank you very much. Any place in Sydney where you've actually got this done? I would be glad to know.
    No. My GP retired and I haven't been sufficiently motivated to try find another who might understand what I'm talking about. However my wifr is hassling me so I may try soon and see if I can get my ApoB and ApoA1 measured
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

faredoon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    For all of the bad rep that 'conventional wisdom' gets around here, it's much more than 1% right. It gets it right by identifying small oxidised LDL as one of the inflammatory particles that causes Heart Disease. And the indicators of that (like Trig/HDL ratio) which are accurate are good. But total LDL level isn't a good indicator of your level of oxidised LDL particles.

Take the analogy of fires, and the firemen who put them out. A fire is really bad, just like inflammation in your arteries is really bad. Cholesterol is like the firemen who put out the fires. Imagine examining houses that have just burned down, noting all the firemen walking around, and concluding that "firemen cause fires". Which is ridiculous, and absurd, yet it's the state we find ourselves in with regards to cholesterol, since people who have inflamed arteries have cholesterol buildup because it's trying to PROTECT us from the inflammation. The problem isn't the cholesterol. It's the inflammation.

Feel free to chase all the firemen away, on the offchance that the firemen actually do cause the fires.
    Thank you. Makes sense.

faredoon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by faredoon View Post
    Totally agree on all counts.

However, it's not like there are VAP testing labs a dime-a-dozen. Most labs wouldn't even know what I was talking about if I asked them.

Mark doesn't say go crazy with dairy but he doesn't exactly recommend holding back on saturated fat either. I think Cordain makes much more sense (at least to my "conventionally indoctrinated" mind). Personally, I think I would like to avoid running a live experiment on my body based on Primal/Sisson advice. Why? Let's just say that "conventional wisdom" is even 1% right - then in a couple of years, a lesion here and there in arterial walls, and it's game over. You never know where you slipped or why you slipped. If the jury is still out on saturated fat (not from dairy per se), I don't see myself falling in love with saturated fat as much as other Primal adherents.

I agree, it's a lifestyle, but the possibility of having VAP test done every few weeks to achieve peace of mind was not exactly on the Primal program, was it?
    Apologies for being reactive here. I was (am) just freaking out, just plain scared.

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd suggest VAP first, theorize later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123