Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what the heck happened? Blubbering mess page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I agree with checking out over-training. Sometimes a little R&R is just what a body needs.

Hope you're feeling better.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Zach is offline Banned
    More calories and more sugar!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I'm gonna go with overtraining as well. Even if its your normal day to day for months the cumulative effect can absolutely reach a tipping point. I'd take a week off and just do some regenerative type movement work. Foam rolling, yoga, walk, hike, meditate... you will come back stronger than ever in most cases.

I've never had a crying breakdown, but when cutting weight for wrestling ALWAYS had that underwater, damn I'm moving slow, feel. Just a function of low calories at the time. Dunno if that is a contributor for you or not, but you may consider eating more.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-01-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you had a shitty day at that gym and then added more anxiety by getting upset. Been there, lift like crap, start to get pissed and everything goes south. Chilling out and realizing not everyday is a winner is key. You showed up, you worked out. Focus on making the next one better. "These things happen..."

There are so many variables, day to day, it would be pretty tough to narrow it down to a macro-nutrient issue.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Not to detract, but what martial arts form do you study?

M.

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    Getting irritable and emotional is a symptom of over-reaching in training. Cut the duration or ease up on the intensity until you recover. If that's not possible in your group training then take a day off. Breathing problems could be an indicator that your working beyond your current fitness level. Reign things in some and allow recovery to happen and aid in achieving the adaptation to your current fitness level.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    The breathing thing isn't cardio fitness related - the situation wasn't that exhertive even - but it literally felt like my chest was tightening, and after stopping, sitting, no matter what i did, it continued.

It may all very well be that I'm not eating enough. I'm still eating for the old me who did some light workouts a couple of times a week, whereas now I'm doing weights/strength 3-4 times a week interspersed with conditioning and running/jogging. I just can't seem to fit that much IN! :P Especially on workout days when I should be eating more, I just don't feel like eating. On non-workout days I barely manage 2000cal, workout days I have to push myself past 1500cal. I have to keep track of my macros because I don't end up eating past 100g carbs per day.

Someone asked what MA i do: currently it's European armoured combat, had been doing Kenjutsu for the last 6 years.

Harnesfechten! To have such wealth at my disposal.

M.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    hah... I'm more than a broke thing.

Just lucky And I get to be a "chick in armour"!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My own background was founded in Liechtenhauer's longsword, but these days I find myself doing dagger work. Looking outwards, though!

M.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast