Me and my GF are going on a no wheat phase (more like no grain) to see what happens. I'm probably more down for it then she is but W/E.

Anyhows, the other night we were having dinner with her family and we were checking if there was wheat in the sauces, and we weren't eating the gravy.
Once the statement of "yeah where not eating wheat" came out, the family EXPLODED.

"WHAT? DONT BE SILLY! WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT NONSENSE?!?!"

It's always the same pattern. People are so predictable. They say the exact same thing. They start of with questioning your reasoning, then ridiculing you for it, then trying to be a smart ass by pointing out every food your cant eat.

"WELL THAT MEANS YOU CANT EAT CEREAL. OR BREAD. OR COOKIES. DID YOU KNOW THAT???!?!?"

It's like people get offended when you tell them you don't eat the food they do because you think it's unhealthy. But if you said fat, or sugar, they don't bat an eye. Then you tell them why, and explain to them why wheat isn't good for the body. They either say that your information is wrong/crap/crazy- don't believe everything you hear. Or the usual "everything in moderation"
Later on, my GF overheard them making jokes about the whole issue.

The best thing is when on T.V there is some paleo sorta diet vs a CW diet. The paleo person looks remarkably healthy, while the CW person is usually fat, bad skin, bad hair, bags under the eyes etc. But people wont listen. Sheep.