Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Funny how offended people get when you tell em you dont eat wheat. page 7

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    Not talking about you, or the people on this board. But Americans seem like, in general, very weak minded people...It's happening here in Australia. Everyone man has a vagina. And women have two.
    Having a vagina makes you weak-minded? Dick move, dude.

Moving on, I've stopped answering questions about what/how I eat. No one wants to hear the truth, they just want to hear that what they think is right.
    These days, all I get is "ooh I wish I had your willpower!"
    I tells 'em there's no willpower in choosing what I eat, I just eat what I like. They all think I'm some genetically gifted freak of nature, and I'll gladly let them continue to think so.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I know a guy with IBS whose doctor suggested he give up gluten, because lots of people with IBS who give up gluten find their symptoms resolve. He made half an effort for a day or two and decided it was too hard. Now he's a vegan eating mostly wheat and taking drugs to deal with the symptoms of IBS.

Personally I think that "I don't eat it because it makes me sick" is a perfectly good reason to stop eating anything and everything. Anybody who questions such an excuse looks like a jerk.
    Wait... giving up wheat is hard, but being vegan is easy? I thought being vegan was a complete pain in the ass...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Wait... giving up wheat is hard, but being vegan is easy? I thought being vegan was a complete pain in the ass...
    Yes, but you get to feel all trendy and self-righteous from not eating poor wittle moo-cows and oink-piggies, etc. Because really, who's going to say, "Way to go!" if you're just avoiding wheat?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Yes, but you get to feel all trendy and self-righteous from not eating poor wittle moo-cows and oink-piggies, etc. Because really, who's going to say, "Way to go!" if you're just avoiding wheat?

I would...

GrokMendoza is offline Member
    [QUOTE=summerbreeze;1239350 When I tell people I don't like pasta, they really do get aghast. I always get confused when they ask why I don't like Italian food, because I do like Italian food (grilled baby octopus, braised lamb shanks, veal kidneys, I could go on and on)[/QUOTE]

Please do go on & on. I'd love to hear more!!

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Although no one has called me out on the carpet for my dietary/lifestyle changes, if they ask I say:

"I lost 2 lbs per week for the first 8 weeks of not eating grains and sugars."
    "I eat only when I am hungry, and usually find that I am not very often hungry."
    "I do exercise, but not a whole lot."

People tend not to be able to argue with the above statements, meaning if they try to tell me my diet is unhealthy I can say, 'yeah, but I lost a lot of weight, so I am healthier now than I was.'

If they ask me about giving up bread, I say "yes, that was my biggest fear because I loved eating bread. But I tell them that after a week of not eating it, the cravings went away and I never desired to eat it again."

BTW, reading the Primal Blueprint convinced me there is no reason to eat bread.

Some people ask me about my lipid profile, and I can safely tell them that after the first couple of months, my profile was in line with those of my past - not my worst, but not my best, about average for me.

After nine months of living and eating primally, and having lost (and kept off) a total of 24lbs so far, I can safely say that I will never go back to eating bread or other grains and sugars. At least not anywhere near the consumption rate of my past, or near the recommendation of the FDA.
    Last edited by PBNewby; 07-03-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: minor grammar
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    But but but, don't WE get to be all trendy and self-righteous too?

Some days I don't need to eat at all, I'm powered solely by the knowledge of how right this WOE (way of eating) is.

Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

2Rae is offline Junior Member
    My family is quite big into grains so when I visit I make a stop at the store and buy a bunch of good veggies and some fruit for snacks. They really like to see me eat so I will eat those for snacks, if I'm the one making dinner I will make good food without the usual two grain dishes. They didn't seem to miss it.
    I usually tell people that I can't digest grains properly, and beans make me fat. When I was on Weight Watchers I ate a bean soup, it was soooooo delish, but I couldn't lose weight even when I was doing it "right". I cut out the beans and grains and viola, I'm losing weight.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Heh ... my MIL criticized my diet to my husband behind my back, so of course he relayed it to me anyway, and we had a laugh about it.

Basically, something about me looking pale and unhealthy (no idea where that came from) and "You know, as soon as she stops eating that way, she's just gonna gain the weight right back!" My husband said something like, "Uh, this isn't a diet she's going to go off of, she's just decided not to eat junk food anymore."

Honestly, I think she's mad because I'm losing weight and she isn't (and that's not me being catty--my husband thought of it before I did).

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    While you're probably being sarcastic, you're actually 100% correct.
    I wasn't being sarcastic at all, oxide. Grains are addictive and play games with your system.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567