Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Funny how offended people get when you tell em you dont eat wheat. page 5

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    Not talking about you, or the people on this board. But Americans seem like, in general, very weak minded people...It's happening here in Australia. Everyone man has a vagina. And women have two.
    My new favorite poster!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Koreans KNOW sugar and bread is all kinds of wrong.
    I went to Korean BBQ and was given a HUGE pile of meat, small dish of rice, lettuce and about 30 pickled vegetables. I don't recall seeing grains on the menu period nor was there any desserts.

It was so good.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

aprilinshape is offline Junior Member
    I'm very new to the paleo family but I guess I must be lucky. All my in laws are totally supportive! They see the weight I lost before becoming paleo and encourage me to continue. They still eat grains but just don't offer them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    Another thing I noticed is that people still eat meat/salads/vegetables/fruits/nuts/seeds.......and grain. But because I don't eat the latter. I'm so not normal. I devour a steak just like you, except I don't eat pasta with mine.

The best comeback I like to use when people lecture me on why I should eat grains is, Why should I?

People scoff at me for not eating them, saying there good for me. All I have to do is ask
    Me - "why are they good for me?"

Other - "uhh, because they are healthy whole grains!"

Me - "but why are they healthy?"

Other - "well you get vitamins from them"

Me - "which ones" ................If they actually know the answer to that question.

Basically, people bitch about why i SHOULD eat grains when they have NO IDEA why they even eat them.
    It's the movie Idiocracy and "electrolytes" all over again. Worth googling the clip if you have not seen it...plants need water and sports drinks are better than water because of electrolytes therefore plants need Gatorade

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    And drinking WATER? Like, that stuff that's in your toilet?!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    And drinking WATER? Like, that stuff that's in your toilet?!
    Humans are idiots for using potable water to flush toilets. Double-triple idiots for doing so in Southern California.

I have an update for anybody who cares, not that anybody will remember the original story. I mentioned eating primal to some people at work and this one woman went off on a big diatribe about how lame paleo is, stupid cave man diet blah blah blah. She was on weight watchers to get ready for her wedding. She lost weight, but after the wedding, it's all back again. Couple months later, we're walking to my office one day and she's wheezing and struggling to keep up with me and telling me how she just can't live without bread. Couple months more she's in my office fixing my computer telling me she was diagnosed with Chrone's disease and her doctor said no more bread, no more this, no more that, basically paleo. I tried to offer her solace that maybe she would really feel better. Ever since then she's changed from this crazy drama queen lady everybody is afraid to be around to this happy, smiling lady with lovely skin. Score one for the paleo.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    Grains are like cocaine, they can't imagine their, or anyone else's, life without it.

Try to tell a coke addict that he needs to stop using.
    This.

My boss is gluten intolerant. And she will complain to me that she can't eat anything. I look at her and say, "What are you talking about? You can have meat, vegetables and fruit. You can't have grain. There's lots of stuff to eat!" but she's so focused on grain that she is forever making gluten free bread, cookies, etc. She really feels incomplete without grains in her life. When I gave grains up voluntarily, she was stunned. We have a completely way of looking at it.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    Grains are like cocaine, they can't imagine their, or anyone else's, life without it.

Try to tell a coke addict that he needs to stop using.
    While you're probably being sarcastic, you're actually 100% correct. William Davis of Wheat Belly and David Kessler of The End of Overeating both talk of the how wheat binds to dopamine receptors in the brain. Dwarf hybrid wheat is an addictive DRUG. Wheat eaters are exhibiting addictive behavior.

If they bring cookies to the office, they want to "oh please just try one." Exactly like drug pushers.

If you tell them to stop because it's not healthy, they get all defensive: "How dare you tell me what to eat. It's my life and I'll eat what I want etc." Exactly like smokers do.

Or the more polite version "oh I could never give that up."

That's why primal is so hard for some people. At the same time they are reprogramming their DNA, they are breaking a drug addiction.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Gwen is offline Member
    At almost 62, (grain-free/primal since 2/1)...I really don't give a rat's arss about what people think about me or what I eat or don't eat. I don't offer it up, but if asked, I tell them. I make no excuses. The results are evident. I project positivity and radiant health (for an older broad)... they can't help but see the almost immediate results. Down 48 lbs. since 1/1. Who could argue that?

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Ever since then she's changed from this crazy drama queen lady everybody is afraid to be around to this happy, smiling lady with lovely skin. Score one for the paleo.
    That's great news.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast