Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny how offended people get when you tell em you dont eat wheat. page 4

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    "HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT?"

Gets me every time. About everything. Ever.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    Another thing I noticed is that people still eat meat/salads/vegetables/fruits/nuts/seeds.......and grain. But because I don't eat the latter. I'm so not normal. I devour a steak just like you, except I don't eat pasta with mine.

The best comeback I like to use when people lecture me on why I should eat grains is, Why should I?

People scoff at me for not eating them, saying there good for me. All I have to do is ask
    Me - "why are they good for me?"

Other - "uhh, because they are healthy whole grains!"

Me - "but why are they healthy?"

Other - "well you get vitamins from them"

Me - "which ones" ................If they actually know the answer to that question.

Basically, people bitch about why i SHOULD eat grains when they have NO IDEA why they even eat them.
    Last edited by Lockstock; 06-30-2013 at 06:58 PM.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Everyone seems to insist that you need to eat a bit of everything ''in moderation''. I hear that so often. Yawn. (They don't heed their own advice of course, cause I never see them eating LIVER!) LOL And, yeah, I'm so unhealthy because I don't eat cookies or cake. But they're the same people who say that meat eating is destroying the environment or is unsustainable etc (without ever having researched the horrible impact that wheat and corn and soy farming are having).

Brain washed people. Pay no heed. Do what you do, and carry on doing it, regardless of what they think or say. Only try to 'educate' people who are looking for solutions, not those who already have their mind's made up.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I have a friend who basically called me the most dietarilly fucked-up individual he'd ever met that must have multiple eating disorders.

Dude, all I said was I don't eat grains. And YOU brought the topic up to begin with.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Grains are like cocaine, they can't imagine their, or anyone else's, life without it.

Try to tell a coke addict that he needs to stop using.

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I know. I'm weird. I mean, people are always commenting on how wonderful it is that I lost the weight I struggled with for years. That I look younger. That my skin is glowing. That isn't it great that I don't need the meds they take. But if I reference my diet and exercise, they roll their eyes. Of course, good nutrition and exercise had nothing to do with it. I'm just lucky.
    Hehehe, that's pretty much it.

The average person can't really connect dots. For example there was a little thing called the Neolithic period, it wasn't such a great time for human health, but what does that have to do with anything? Just shut up and eat the wheat dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I have a friend who basically called me the most dietarilly fucked-up individual he'd ever met that must have multiple eating disorders.

Dude, all I said was I don't eat grains. And YOU brought the topic up to begin with.

That sucks dude. What did you say?

I notice that. If you exercise and read the label on the packaging. YOU ARE OBSESSSSSSSSSSED with health and need to go to a therapist so you can start eating cookies and donuts again like a normal mentally stable person.

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    It's sort of weird. When people in Seoul (where I currently reside) hear of my eating habits they just nod and say, well yeah. As if they already know that's good. KR has the lowest obesity rate in the developed world @ 3.5%, even lower than Japan. Koreans KNOW sugar and bread is all kinds of wrong. So maybe they just get it, or maybe they DO think I'm a freak but are too polite to say it to my face.

Americans however have a mental breakdown when they learn some of us don't eat sugar/grains. This coming from people with a 35% obesity rate. Hello? Connect the dots people.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    That sucks dude. What did you say?

I notice that. If you exercise and read the label on the packaging. YOU ARE OBSESSSSSSSSSSED with health and need to go to a therapist so you can start eating cookies and donuts again like a normal mentally stable person.
    He asked me about how I stay so thin. I usually avoid the whole evolutionary argument because people space out on it. So I basically said, "I lift heavy things twice a week, I walk everywhere I possibly can, and I dropped all grains from my diet."

I was about to mention seed oils too, though I didn't get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post

Americans however have a mental breakdown when they learn some of us don't eat sugar/grains. This coming from people with a 35% obesity rate. Hello? Connect the dots people.

Not talking about you, or the people on this board. But Americans seem like, in general, very weak minded people...It's happening here in Australia. Everyone man has a vagina. And women have two.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast