Thread: Suncream page

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member

Suncream

Primal Fuel
    What is everyone's preference with suncream?
    I'm from the uk and going 2 Africa for 3 weeks on safari & then Zanzibar .

What ingredients do I need to avoid ? Or is there any good brands which are available online

London

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I use Shiseido SPF 60 on my face and have done so for 10+ years. On body, anything with stable UVA/UVB protection over SPF 30 will do but I like the Target brand. Of course, you can't get that in the UK, but I hear Laroche Posay makes amazing sunscreens for the European market.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

rcav8r is online now Senior Member
    Mark recommends trying to use clothing to block excessice sun exposure, or barring that, a premium sunscreen that blocks all rays, an opaque zinc based cream, orr neutrogena helioplex that blocks UVA, UVB, AND UVC rays.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I don't use any suncream. If in the sun for long periods I wear a thin long sleeved muslin shirt, and a large brimmed hat !. The reason I don't use any is because I am concerned what it does to the skin as all these chemicals bake onto the skin in the sun. Don't get me wrong thou, melanoma is huge in NZ so I still cover up after a certain amount of time.
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 06-30-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: forgot to put in the hat !!!!!!! thanx for reminding me eKatherine !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I wear a floppy hat and a long-sleeved black t-shirt.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I call it sunscreen.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    I personally don't think slathering anything on the skin that you wouldn't eat is a good idea, and sunscreens, bleugh! They're the worst of them! But... if you're going to burn there ARE herbal/organic creams out there that seem to use slightly less nasty ingredients.

I can't advise as I don't wear any, but a friend of mine had some last year when she came on holiday to Thailand, that she got from a health food shop in the UK. It didn't have any of the usual suspect ingredients in it, was completely herbal if I recall.

If you can (I know it's UK, LOL, so only if you're lucky with the weather... ) try and build up a good tan before you go, so you're less likely to burn.

FWIW, I've been nude sunbathing in my garden, 30 minutes a day, every day, and I'm loving the energy and health benefits I've been getting from the extra Vitamin D. It's miraculous! Enjoy your holiday, and the sun.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

diene is offline Senior Member
    Try to stick to things that just contain zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. These are physical sunscreens that don't go into an excited state after absorbing UV light.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app