Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird thing happened today - I ran!!! page

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member

Weird thing happened today - I ran!!!

Primal Fuel
    Hey,

So, I had a very odd thing happen today - I ran!!!!

I had just been to my chiro and massage therapist, where I've been having an SI joint nerve pinch worked on, as well as my 20 odd year old sciatica when, en route to the beach to meet my friend to chill out, I felt an overwhelming desire to run. I was shocked...... I have not run, for the bus or otherwise for quite some years - (actually been advised by medical 'experts' not to) and actually when I say run, it's more likely that I only got to jogging pace but it was a start. I ran as fast as I could (given my fitness and that I was wearing deck shoes!!) for 1/2 block, walked the rest of the block, ran 1/2 a block etc... did it 3 times! Then I was at the beach, who knows, perhaps I could have gone on longer????

This way of life keeps me guessing for sure, and although I'm meant to take it easy after my treatments, I feel OK.

Another thing happened - I got chatting tonight to a guy with severe arthitis, joint pain, skin disorders and all sorts, so I suggested he come on here - and told him my story......... I hope he does, he's so nice, and in such pain - and all conventional doctors have been pumping him full of the drugs I used to take which I don't anymore - Fingers Crossed.....

So, great / odd / inspriational day - and more to come!
    Good Night
    PG!

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    yeah i recently got up one morning and got the urge to go for a run, did 5k!
    Really surprised myself because i've only had rubbish attempts at any kind of real running years ago. And all i've been doing in terms of 'exercise' recently is walking ( since i started primal 10 months ago) and the odd trip to the ice rink.

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Hey Greenbeast,

Not sure I'll ever make 5k, but it was a start.

Who knows, my hike today may lead to a sprint dash at some point - or it may not!!

PG!

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! Being able to run pain free is always exciting.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    well the point wasn't the sheer distance, more the awesomeness of primal living for giving one the impetus to just get up and run

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Cool!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Puddleglumish is offline Member
    What amazes me is that I can run and not get a stitch or out of puff. No more trying not to collapse and pretending that I'm not in pain.

neilc11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot-Girl View Post
    Hey,

So, I had a very odd thing happen today - I ran!!!!

and actually when I say run, it's more likely that I only got to jogging pace but it was a start. I ran as fast as I could (given my fitness and that I was wearing deck shoes!!) for 1/2 block, walked the rest of the block, ran 1/2 a block etc... did it 3 times! Then I was at the beach, who knows, perhaps I could have gone on longer????

So, great / odd / inspriational day - and more to come!
    Good Night
    PG!

You didn't just run / ran,
    That's your start on sprints !
    " I could have gone on longer "
    Go girl

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Very awesome, OP! I started running myself recently; for a while I was avoiding the treadmill and just staying on ellipticals because I have a very bad knee, but I got a good brace and started at it a few weeks ago- Im 31 and its the first time in my life that I straight ran a mile (in 12 minutes )
    But I'm down to 10:47 more recently and making improvements every week.

The best part about starting late is that every try is like a personal best I think
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Skipixie is offline Junior Member
    Well done you! That's exactly what happened to me after I had been primal for about three weeks, one morning the energy kicked in and I woke up and I just wanted to go for a run. I run most days now, although I'm a very slow runner and entered for my first 10K, which is this Saturday. I am a person who spent most of my adult life believing that I couldn't run so I am absolutely elated with the progress so far. I'm quite likely to come last but hey ho, I'm out there running and that means a hell of a lot to me!

So stick with it but most of all enjoy yourself it's meant to be fun!
    If the primal lifestyle is like a formula one race, everybody on this site is in pole position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast