Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide toe box (like Merrell Barefoot) in skate shoe look? page 2

tlc
    tlc is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks, all. I'm checking out your recommendations.

BTW, I mentioned "toe box" before, but that may be the wrong terminology. My pain point is the bump on the outside edge of my foot well behind the little toe, most of the way to the ankle. I looked on wikipedia and it's the base of the 5th metatarsal. Anyway mine stick out. I can reach down and feel them sticking out, overhanging the sole, in my Merrells. On my Sketcher's (last year's every day shoe), the rubber from the sole extends up over the upper and there's no give. Apparently the Merrell's let my feet spread.

feetsolemarked.jpg

And I'll gladly give up the skate shoe look if needed. But I need something more subdued than the vibrant stripes of Merrell running shoes.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by tlc; 07-01-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: lined image didn't work

wiltondeportes Guest
    I just did almost 30 miles in Yosemite backcountry, bushwacking through forest, boulder fields, and meadows. Climbed to the top of a 10,000 foot summit too. The shoe held up beautifully, and I came home with just some tight calves. Within a day, I had no pain left. Oh, I was also carrying about a 30lb pack, so they supported even more than my bodyweight. About 205lb in total.
    OTZShoes

I bought those about a year ago. As I went to their website to grab that link, I found they upgraded their soles! These look even more hardcore.
    OTZShoes

For you TLC, I would say these should satisfy.
    OTZShoes
    OTZShoes
    OTZShoes

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    Have you ever tried a pair on or just speaking from your impression of the picture?? These are barefoot shoes with a wide toebox
    I have a very sharp eye for looking at shoes with wide toe boxes. I've tried just about everything, and shoes done correctly almost don't exist.

Keep in mind that I have pretty good toe splaying. If your feet don't widen like mine, then you will obviously like different shoes.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 07-02-2013 at 01:16 PM.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    They're not wide compared to Vibram Five Fingers. Maybe they're slightly wider than Converses, but look at the toe box shape; it's not a natural shape for the foot.
    Have you ever tried a pair on or just speaking from your impression of the picture?? These are barefoot shoes with a wide toebox

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    +1 for vivo's
    The toe box is great (and I'm a big VFF fan), nice and wide with plenty of space.
    I wear a 41 in VFFs and a 42 in vivos.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

tlc
    tlc is offline Junior Member
    The vivo's are very wide in the toe box. Lems, are low profile looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitoi View Post
    The widest for me have been Lem's, not skater's but wide

Men
    The Lems Primal 2 looked good. I was about to order a pair when I realized they don't go up to size 13

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfhne View Post
    That's all there is to it. You might check out Otzi shoes though. I love what I've gotten from them.
    See, the robot agrees with me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12