Thread: Primal Cream Of "Wheat" Recipe! page

Zeera is offline Senior Member

Primal Cream Of "Wheat" Recipe!

Shop Now
    Hi everyone,

I came up with this recipe today after FINALLY getting a blender that can actually puree cauliflower to a smooth consistency. When I googled it I found that I'm not actually the first to have thought of it, but I figured I'd share just in case anyone hadn't heard of this primal "cream of wheat."

What I did was chop raw cauliflower, add it to my single-serve blender bottle with a little water, and blend to a smooth consistency. I then poured it into a pan and cooked some of the water out to thicken it up. This was when I was going to turn it into mashed "potatoes" with garlic and spices, but it looked like and had such a similar mouth feel to cream of wheat that I decided to add some stevia (you could use honey or real maple syrup), heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a few blueberries instead. It was SO GOOD!

I know cauliflower might seem like a strange breakfast food to some, but this was so tasty and so similar to cream of wheat (which I used to love!) that I think this will be one of my new breakfast favorites! I hope some of you are daring enough to try it

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    This is one of my favorite breakfasts. I use coconut milk instead of cream. Other add-in options are raisins, pumpkin puree, nut/seed butters and even eggs. I've never had a problem with the eggs scrambling, which would be gross.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Sounds pretty good. I always had my Cream of Wheat with butter, salt and pepper. But the sweet route sounds like it could be good too. Time to get some cauliflower!