Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No period in the last 6 months page 2

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    She may need to gain weight, plain and simple. Even 5 lbs could change everything.

erin_noel is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jst View Post
    I don't get it - have you got your period back or not, do you have it now?
    I don't have it now (I lost it once before in the past and it came when I gained weight, but I lost weight again and lost it again) and according to a DEXA bone density scan, my bone density is already lower than expected. I'm not 28 yet, but osteoporosis at 28 is a very real possibility.

Best of luck to you guys.
    "Humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them" -
    Albus Dumbledore

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It varies, of course, I'm smaller than your gf and even at my smallest when I was younger I had my period regularly. Osteoporosīs and infertility is a real problem when it comes to amenorrhea so if you guys want a family one day that might be enough to induce her to eat some carbs. She might not gain weight at all, I eat more than 200g carbs every day myself from fruits and vegetable.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

True, changing her macronutrient profile may not lead to weight gain, but still have a positive result on her hormones.

Jst
    Jst is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    She may need to gain weight, plain and simple. Even 5 lbs could change everything.
    OK, I hope she won't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by erin_noel View Post
    I don't have it now (I lost it once before in the past and it came when I gained weight, but I lost weight again and lost it again) and according to a DEXA bone density scan, my bone density is already lower than expected. I'm not 28 yet, but osteoporosis at 28 is a very real possibility.

Best of luck to you guys.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    It varies, of course, I'm smaller than your gf and even at my smallest when I was younger I had my period regularly. Osteoporosīs and infertility is a real problem when it comes to amenorrhea so if you guys want a family one day that might be enough to induce her to eat some carbs. She might not gain weight at all, I eat more than 200g carbs every day myself from fruits and vegetable.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    True, changing her macronutrient profile may not lead to weight gain, but still have a positive result on her hormones.
    That's good news. Thank you both.

why do you hope she won't need to?

what's most important is her health. if her health requires a few more lbs, then that's what it requires.

also, gaining muscle weight -- which isn't inches -- could create the same result as well.

Jst
    Jst is offline Junior Member
    I know, but she already thinks she's fat, she gained recently and some of her pants don't fit her that well anymore. Just yesterday we had another crying session, so...

PrimalCon New York
    She needs, then, to work on the difficult task of not confusing her value and her weight. Perhaps therapy would be helpful, before she ends up in eating-disorder land.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12