Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Eating avocados like apples... page

  1. #1
    Davidil's Avatar
    Davidil is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    196

    Eating avocados like apples...

    Shop Now
    Sometimes I peel them and just eat them like an apple.

    But seriously, can one have too many? They are so darn good I could have five a day. I would exchange carbs for avocado everywhere....

    Did anyone try mixing them with some powder and baking them into some type of bread?

  2. #2
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,372
    Whew. I was afraid I was going to read that you ate them out of hand, skin and all.

  3. #3
    John Watson's Avatar
    John Watson is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Garner NC
    Posts
    48
    I do the same thing! I cut mine in half and use a spoon. I try to eat at least one a day.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

  4. #4
    fifer's Avatar
    fifer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    I do the same thing! I cut mine in half and use a spoon. I try to eat at least one a day.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    In half with a spoon for me. If I am at home, a bit of mustard or vinegar & olive oil in the hollow is nice. (I always carry a teaspoon in my bag!)

  5. #5
    Davidil's Avatar
    Davidil is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    196
    Naa... the whole thing, with my hand, like an apple, in public. The look on peoples faces in priceless!!


    How many can I have?

  6. #6
    picklepete's Avatar
    picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidil View Post
    How many can I have?
    They're lovely but they can't provide everything so make sure you're not displacing good proteins, etc. Avocado fat is about ~12% omega-6 which is about the upper limit for my menu.
    35//6'3"/180

    My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

  7. #7
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidil View Post
    Naa... the whole thing, with my hand, like an apple, in public. The look on peoples faces in priceless!!


    How many can I have?
    That's real disgusting and very bad for you
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  8. #8
    sjmc's Avatar
    sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidil View Post
    Sometimes I peel them and just eat them like an apple.

    But seriously, can one have too many? They are so darn good I could have five a day. I would exchange carbs for avocado everywhere....

    Did anyone try mixing them with some powder and baking them into some type of bread?
    I made muffins out of avocado, egg, and cocoa powder. They actually had a really nice crumb. Pics in the link

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread50475-2.html
    Last edited by sjmc; 06-29-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: der forgot link

  9. #9
    jakejoh10's Avatar
    jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    That's real disgusting and very bad for you
    Nonsense.

    OP, it's fine, just remember that avocados are fairly high in calories and very easy to overeat. Just keep it within reason.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

  10. #10
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Nonsense.

    OP, it's fine, just remember that avocados are fairly high in calories and very easy to overeat. Just keep it within reason.
    Nonsense? Who cares about calories. Not only are avocados themselves hepatoxic, due to massive amounts of unsaturated fats, but the peels contain a toxic fungicide in addition to the fact they're probably laced with pesticides.

    The peels are compost you should never eat
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •