Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating avocados like apples... page 2

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Nonsense? Who cares about calories. Not only are avocados themselves hepatoxic, due to massive amounts of unsaturated fats, but the peels contain a toxic fungicide in addition to the fact they're probably laced with pesticides.

The peels are compost you should never eat
    Who cares about calories? People who want to be successful with their diet.

Anyways, read the first sentence of the post, OP clearly states that he peels them. Saying that avocados are bad for you is ridiculous, and as with anything else, it depends on the context. Of course, if he consumes 20 avocados per day, it would be detrimental. But 2-3 per day? There's nothing wrong with it.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    I'd prefer avocados over apples any day. They're creamy, smooth and delicious - and you can't really make guacamole out of apples.

Apples are to fibre-y for me. Screw with my gut. On a comparison with texture (and calories kinda) banana would be more of a suitable comparison.
    Both are awesome, but apples suck. Unless baked.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Who cares about calories? People who want to be successful with their diet.

Anyways, read the first sentence of the post, OP clearly states that he peels them. Saying that avocados are bad for you is ridiculous, and as with anything else, it depends on the context. Of course, if he consumes 20 avocados per day, it would be detrimental. But 2-3 per day? There's nothing wrong with it.
    He said sometimes he peels them, and if you read what I quoted, he's saying he eats them with the peel like an apple.

I don't care about calories, it wasn't even what I was talking about in the first place.

Avocados are bad for you, simply because they contain so much unsaturated fat. They don't contain enough vitamin e to make them beneficial, despite the fact vitamin e saturates unsaturated fats.
    nihil

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Avocados are bad for you, simply because they contain so much unsaturated fat.
    And I think this is total nonsense.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Davidil is offline Senior Member
    I dance each day, on average, 3-6 hours (salsa, hip hop) + gym, so I'm not big on calorie counting

Of course I peel them . I just meant I hold them and bite into them as if they were apples. Kind of messy... did it just a few times for fun.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidil View Post
    I dance each day, on average, 3-6 hours (salsa, hip hop) + gym, so I'm not big on calorie counting

Of course I peel them . I just meant I hold them and bite into them as if they were apples. Kind of messy... did it just a few times for fun.

Long as your peeling them your fine IMO. We make a homemade avocado mayo. Its excellent!

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Doesn't sound like anyone here needs help eating their avos, but mixing with cocoa and some sweetener to make them into chocolate mousse is one interesting way I've had them. Another is mixed with tahini, vinegar salt and pepper in a kind of dip/spread sort of thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12