Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most paleo soft drink? page 2

summerbreeze is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah, I know what you mean about the boredom! I was doing the same thing with constant refilling of coffee. Now I just try to go for a walk instead, although I have a flexible workplace.

Those little habits associated with food are often harder to change than the foods themselves. It's definitely good to be aware of them and try to break out of them if they're not supporting your goals.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Bring your own big jug of water with lime/lemon and cucumber to empty/enjoy at work. I can only drink R/O water now; regular tap water tastes horrible to me. I live in the land of water softeners.

I fill a 20 oz bottle with 2/3 r/o water and 1/3 unsweetened kombucha for work. I drink a lot of water at home so that is enough for me during my shift.

I think it is best to just learn to like plain water. No need to force yourself to drink 'insane' amounts, but I think force yourself to drink it plain is wise. Aside from my daily big mug of Crio Bru for breakfast, water is all I drink.

NO SODA. Might as well drink sugar soda if you are going to drink it. Buy Izze or some other fruit juice sweetened stuff if you have to, or drink flavored carbonated water if it is the bubbles that get you. Wean yourself off of it entirely and save some big bucks.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I like water, but struggle to drink it regularly throughout the day without some sort of flavouring, usually cordial.

Any recommendations? Coke Zero, cordial, squeeze of orange?
    Water kefir is my pop replacement. I have blueberry kefir in the fridge and it is not sweet but has fizziness and a deep blueberry flavour.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    I make a 2qt pot of herbal tea and put it in the fridge to drink iced all day long. I'll bring a 32oz bottle with me to work, and if I go through all that I'll drink water the rest of the day.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Mexican coke. All these other drinks pale in comparison to the taste, except coke + southern comfort. Especially cucumber water, wtf?
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

feren6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnell View Post
    Add a slice of cucumber to your water.
    Second on this, it's delicious. Especially in the summer time.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    sparkling water with a lime.
    My standard go-to. The bubbles add for a nice drink that you don't feel like you have to chug.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    southern comfort

Starkanda is offline Junior Member
    La Croix is flavored sparkling water that comes in cans, so it's convenient, and is going to probably be the closest thing to the sodas you're used to.
    San Pellegrino is Awesome!
    Yeah, Coke Zero is definitely NOT paleo, just "low-carb". Yeah, I drink the vanilla one sometimes, but it's a guilty pleasure.
    Pretty much any mainstream soda is going to be junk.
    I second the cucumber water. SO good!
    And iced tea. Just tea.

Tandy is offline Member
    I drink one la croix a day and one stevia soda a day. the rest is water. my holistic doctor said that the stevia soda "isn't bad" so i feel justified.
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    southern comfort
    More inclined to captain morgans.. Piņa coladas are pretty primal, surely?

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I drink one la croix a day and one stevia soda a day. the rest is water. my holistic doctor said that the stevia soda "isn't bad" so i feel justified.
    More seriously, Although I personally hate it, apparently stevia is pretty good for you as far as blood sugar goes Effect of Stevia rebaudiana on glucose t... [Braz J Med Biol Res. 1986] - PubMed - NCBI

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast