Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal Liam page 2

LiamT is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 9, today isn't actually Day 9 but the last couple of days have been a massive disaster. I broke up with my girlfriend and to be honest can't remember what I ate so I definitely can't put it done. I've just about managed to get back on top of things and have done a healthy shop today for the week ahead. I've decided to add rice into my diet occasionally to keep my spending down and because I've decided it isn't that bad after reading the articles here on Mark's Daily Apple. I've also tested some 90% cocoa chocolates today to find out which I prefer as a Paleo snack and Lindt won.

Finally, I've changed my workout schedule from alternating days working on pull ups and push ups to doing complete body workouts three times a week (with my first today) because I need to build up the basics and it is easier to organise and motivate myself for three workouts a week. I bought some Xero huaraches and started trying to run in them today, the shoes are great, my stamina isn't! I managed about two minutes and had to move back to walking. The pull up bar I use to exercise is about 1.5km away and I'd like to be able to run there and back. The shoes are also going to be great to go hiking in and doubling up as sandals for when I go out in shorts.

B/L: Two hard boiled eggs and salad with diced tomatoes along with a slice of cheese, I woke up today so didn't have breakfast.

D: Broccoli risotto

Snacks: A few pieces of dark chocolate and some yogurt

Exercise: I've done about an hour of cycling to get around, I walked/ran (mostly walked) 3km and done 3 x 5 pull ups, 3 x 5 chin ups, 20 full squats, 5 x 10 L7 push ups and a 1 minute plank, 30 seconds side plank on each side. Finally, I finished with lots of stretching and I can tell I'll be happy for the day of rest tomorrow. I'm hoping to build up on those numbers pretty quickly and be able to run the full 3km.

LiamT is offline Member
    Day 10, as I expected I'm really sore from yesterday's workout. Not my upper body which I am used to working out but my legs which I have neglected for a while. I understand that this is just because they aren't used to being worked and after a couple of workouts I won't get this feeling. Today I went for a short walk, sunbathed for an hour and generally had a slow paced day where I prepared for the week ahead. I also Skyped with an old friend who I need to start catching up with more often which was really nice. I had two lunches today but when I got home at around dinner time I fell asleep and have just woken up and wasn't hungry so I haven't had dinner. Okay today goes:

B: Yogurt and banana

L1: Left over broccoli risotto turned into egg fried rice with two eggs

L2: (At around four) Sizeable salad with mozzarella and a chunk of cucumber

Snacks: A couple squares of dark chocolate and I have to be honest and say I had a mini pizza slice that was given to me with a drink I had earlier. The drink was Hugo which is white wine, elderflower concentrate and fresh mint. My favourite drink since moving to Italy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12