Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cardio vs Strength - Burning Fat page 3

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ciep View Post
    Well, no, Vick is actually correct. Carbohydrates are stored in muscle cells, they are stored as glycogen. Glycogen is a polysaccharide (a complex carb) that muscles chop up into glucose when quick fuel is needed (like during intense activity). This process is called glycolysis, which is why intense activity is often referred to as glycolytic.

Carbs are also stored in the liver in this same way.

It's generally only when the liver and muscles are full of glycogen, and thus unable to store any more, that carbs are converted into fat and then stored as such.
    You and I are essentially saying the same thing. Thanks for explaining it more and in more depth.

Vick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ciep View Post
    It's generally only when the liver and muscles are full of glycogen, and thus unable to store any more, that carbs are converted into fat and then stored as such.
    That is very true to a point. However if you exercise at a moderate heart rate, (jogging) then you train the body to draw energy from fat because that is the most efficient for the body. The body adapts by reducing the size of the liver, and reducing muscle mass, so that there is less storage capacity and more storage in fat. So long as the "jogger" maintains a calorie deficit they remain slim... but once they give up jogging then the body doesn't adapt because resting is the same calorie draw. Hence the former jogger turns into an obesity statistic.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what you do because body recomposition is based on total daily caloric intake. meaning that you can burn fat doing any exercise but if you are in a caloric surplus, you will gain fat/weight. Check out some of the quick weight loss tips I've written.
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123