Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hows my back workout? page 2

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    I love pen rows, they allow me to go really heavy, what do you mean snap up? I like them because of the strictness and mental focus they require to stay flat and make sure you pull tight at the top. I do them with 185 pounds and my back has gotten bigger and after 3 weeks of not doing any pull ups, I can do more than I ever could. But I also now do Pen rows for a heavy 5, pull ups, Kroc rows ( high reps all out set of heavy rows) and thats about it

unnecessary stress on the lower back. Fine with good for, but the odd chance I fail the form, I don't want my spine to rip through the back of my lower back and start attacking people in the gym.

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Hey lockstock,

I am doing similar program SS and stronglifts inspired. I am doing the power cleans in place of the rows and also include asistting exercise at the end of the session, today was squats, overhead press, dead lift, with pull-ups, chin-ups, and kneeling cable pull downs to finish off back and tris. Just about to spend 15 mins on foam rolling and spikes ball to lessen off tight spots in hips and lower back

I am a bit weak in the lower back so taking it easy, as strength and ROM build I will add in rows and good mornings and single leg dreads in the past I have found these to aggravate sciatica issues.

Cheers FBF
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fat belly frog View Post
    Hey lockstock,

I am doing similar program SS and stronglifts inspired. I am doing the power cleans in place of the rows and also include asistting exercise at the end of the session, today was squats, overhead press, dead lift, with pull-ups, chin-ups, and kneeling cable pull downs to finish off back and tris. Just about to spend 15 mins on foam rolling and spikes ball to lessen off tight spots in hips and lower back

I am a bit weak in the lower back so taking it easy, as strength and ROM build I will add in rows and good mornings and single leg dreads in the past I have found these to aggravate sciatica issues.

Cheers FBF

Sounds solid. Today I did 3x5 bench and 3x5 squat. Then I did 3 sets of dumb-bell rows and 4 sets of cable face-pulls. Finished off with a couple sets of body weight rows to failure. Hoping for some mad Doms tomorrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12