Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barefooting in all kinds of weather and situations page 3

Tandy is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I tried Lems but didn't like the fit. I tried 2 different pairs to be sure. Too bad because I really like the way they look.
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I wear my VFF in the hospital. No one much notices or cares there....problem is the days I am in my office I have to wear my shirt and tie mess.

Does anyone know of a company that sells minimalist dress shoes?

Salixisme is offline Member
    I am totally barefoot at home - never wear shoes in the house. and I will even barefoot when walking down the street.

But I can't be barefoot at work as it is not professional (lets face it, when you are lying on a massage table, face in the face cradle, you don't want to see your therapists feet! and for the same reason the five fingers would not work either). I wear a pair of Merrel pace gloves at work - minimal support, probably the most comfortable footwear I have ever found.

I too would be interested in winter barefoot (or at least minimalist) footwear - I live in Calgary, it gets cold and snowy here and I commute on transit so really need to find a solution.

The best compromise I have found so far is to wear a pair of uggs- they are not barefoot, but they provide virtually no foot support and the uppers are more natural than most snow boots. Of course I have to resort to other things (rubber boots usually) during spring thaw and when a chinook rolls over and everything gets wet and slushy...
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Is m having trouble finding flip flops without a heel that don't feel like hell. Seriously. At suggestions?
    These are great flip flops.. took a while to wear in the strap but they are sooooo soft. Planet Flop Planet Flops - eco-friendly, natural rubber flip flops

For the winter - Lem has a new boot that looks good. Lems™ Shoes - Barefoot & Ultra-Minimalist Lifestyle Shoes
    For the office Barefoot Dress Shoes - Minimalist Shoes for Men | TUNEfootwear

Salixisme is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post

For the winter - Lem has a new boot that looks good.
    The problem I am having is finding decent snow boots that will cope with deep snow, -40+ temperatures and slush and wet conditions when we get a chinook and it suddenly changes from minus 30 Celsius to plus 10 in the space of 12 hours (and yes that does happen in Calgary!).... The prob is that it can literally go from freezing to the touch to everything melting in the space of a few hours

I looked at the Lems site and the Womens boots that they do would not cope... I need something that you can plough through knee deep snow in the morning on the way to work and wade through ankle deep puddles and slush in the evening on the way home from work.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I wear my VFF in the hospital. No one much notices or cares there....problem is the days I am in my office I have to wear my shirt and tie mess.

Does anyone know of a company that sells minimalist dress shoes?
    Indeed. Barefoot Dress Shoes - Minimalist Shoes for Men | TUNEfootwear

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salixisme View Post
    But I can't be barefoot at work as it is not professional (lets face it, when you are lying on a massage table, face in the face cradle, you don't want to see your therapists feet! and for the same reason the five fingers would not work either). I wear a pair of Merrel pace gloves at work - minimal support, probably the most comfortable footwear I have ever found.
    That's an interesting perspective. In our offices, the massage therapists tend to wear VFFs or toe socks while working. No one seems to mind. I know I don't mind. Becuase when my face is in the cradle, I'm falling asleep.

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Is m having trouble finding flip flops without a heel that don't feel like hell. Seriously. At suggestions?
    Try Xero Shoes or Luna sandals!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    I have VVF's I hardly wear at the moment. I'm mostly going barefoot or with Xero shoes. In winter I wear BearPaws (like UGG's) with no socks! My feet have been jice and watm the whole (long, Belgian) winter . At the office I wear Merrel's ballerinas.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    I'm lucky enough to be able to wear flipflops to work, and go barefoot at work. My only problem is too-dry feet.

The Lems and Tunes look great, thanks for the links!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast