Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barefooting in all kinds of weather and situations page 2

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Also what is abnormal about bare feet?

Tandy is offline Member
    I would not be allowed to work in bare feet. The best I can do is to wear barefoot shoes that look somewhat professional. Just wondering what to do in the winter.
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

Tandy is offline Member
    I have ordered a pair of vivos. I sent one pair back bc they were too small. The next shipment should arrive this week. Are there certain kinds of socks that one should wear in the barefoot shoes in the winter?

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    The vivobarefoot ones are the most normal looking in my experience. Not as nice experience as VFF, but good enough.
    Agreed. I prefer to wear VFFs, but it rains so much hear in the winter that is not an option even for the wall to work, let alone in the actual office.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

GROYOFRO is offline Junior Member
    You know, I recently ran a half marathon and saw somebody running a full marathon - barefoot!! I have absolutely no idea why people like doing it, doesn't it hurt? Don't you step on sharp objects?? How do you train for something like that??

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GROYOFRO View Post
    You know, I recently ran a half marathon and saw somebody running a full marathon - barefoot!! I have absolutely no idea why people like doing it, doesn't it hurt? Don't you step on sharp objects?? How do you train for something like that??
    Same as you train for anything you haven't done before. Start slowly with sorry distances, maybe on softer surfaces to begin with (though I actually prefer running barefoot on firmer ground) and work your way up from there.

If you are training barefoot, rather than in minimalist footwear, the soles of your feet soon toughen up.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    It's true. In spring, I walk around barefoot on warm days. Within about 3-4 days, the bottoms of my feet are smooth (like, polished), but tough. The rest of the year, they are soft (but not polished looking). When it's a warmer summer, I spend most of the days barefoot (rain or no). I teach yoga, so I can easily work barefoot, too.

I mostly wear shoes for the look. apparently it's frowned upon to walk barefoot in the downtown -- there are some pretty severe class issues still at play in NZ. I thought their going barefoot was a matter of just being cool, liberal, natural or whatever. Turns out that it's a rural poverty/shoe-shortage issue, and therefore a class issue. not wearing shoes downtown, therefore, screams poverty to people.

I'm probably going to go for a pair of vivo boots and some shoes when the five-fingers wear out (prbably in another 12 months. They don't last long on my feet.).

Tandy is offline Member
    Is m having trouble finding flip flops without a heel that don't feel like hell. Seriously. At suggestions?

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I have ordered a pair of vivos. I sent one pair back bc they were too small. The next shipment should arrive this week. Are there certain kinds of socks that one should wear in the barefoot shoes in the winter?
    Yes, toe socks! I can't wear any other kind now (except as a 2nd layer on top). Feels so weird to have my toes squeezed together in a mono-sock!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If you are looking for nice casual shoes with zero-drop you might find these interesting:
    Lems™ Shoes - Barefoot & Ultra-Minimalist Lifestyle Shoes
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast