Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibram FiveFingers Fit? 1st pair.… page

StupidFatHobbit is offline Senior Member

Vibram FiveFingers Fit? 1st pair.…

Primal Fuel
    So I just got my first pair…boy it was tricky putting them on the first time! They seem to fit very well (snug) with regards to my big toe but the other toes have empty space at the tip. Is that normal? My feet measured 11 inches so I ordered a 43 based on the Vibram website.

Tandy is offline Member
    My toes are not at the end at all in mine. I was able to try mine on at the local rei. They were hard to get on at first but now it's easy. I love them! I have had them for about a month or so. Mine are also snug. I think all barefoot shoes are snug from what I'm experiencing. Do you plan to go totally barefoot or just sport the 5Fingers sometimes?
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

Jer37208 is offline Member
    once they're "broken in" they slip on very easily. When I first got mine, I had to manually guide each toe into the shoe. After a few runs and a few cycles through the wash, they slip on *almost* as easily as a pair of flip flops.
    Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

beachbound is online now Junior Member
    The problem I had with wearing the VFF was that my big toe fit snugly, but because my other toes slope downward at a steeper than normal angle, there was too much space left in front of the toes. After a while the big toes would get sore. I had to switch to Merrill (which I absolutely love). So VFF's aren't for me.

StupidFatHobbit is offline Senior Member
    @Tandy no I'm just using them for walking/sprinting at the moment. Though I often go barefoot (for real) at home.

So I took these out for a walk and did some sprints today. Wow they are awesome. I was able to get them to fit a bit better and they seem to have less extra space in the small toes now. I'm sore in different places this time so I must be working different muscles.

For putting them on, I found it helpful to think of putting the "notches" between the toes in the right place rather than putting the toes in the pockets.

Tandy is offline Member
    Cool. I haven't sprinted yet. Something always comes up. Mostly rain on the weekends when I have the energy. We found an awesome hill at a local park for sprints.
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    VFF's definitely "wear in". The problems in the beginning with getting them on has a lot to do with the fact that you're not used to it. A week into it, they go on easily. Of course, that assuming that you have the right size for your feet. I did the same thing as Tandy, went to REI and tried on the one I wanted. When I knew what size I needed, I ordered them online for much cheaper.

Also, you need to remember, your toes are not in their natural position if you haven't worn VFF's before. Conventional shoes, worn over a long period of time, do actually "deform" your feet and that's part of the reason why your toes don't fit into the VFF in the beginning.

That all changes.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    i too have a snug big toe and looser little toes, i also find them a bit tight around the side of the ball of the foot.

As such i didn't like wearing them for extended periods, but they are great for running in, which is what in save them for now.

ayumi is offline Member
    I just bought my first pair and love them! How often do you wash them? My friend also said they tend to get stinky -- is odor a problem for you all?

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    if i was wearing them daily i'd be washing once or twice a week i think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast