Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strictly kettlebell workout.. page

lmoya83 is offline Senior Member

Strictly kettlebell workout..

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was wondering if anybody has had success with strictly kettlebell workouts...With wight loss..

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Lots of folks over at the Dragon Door forums have used KBs primarily. I don't think I've noticed anyone who said they used only KBs (which is how I understand your "strictly kettlebell").

Tandy is offline Member
    I bought them and a few online videos from amazon but I haven't done them yet.
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

NativeHoodrat is offline Junior Member
    I generally only use kettle bells when I work out. You can get a lot done with a few different sizes.

GROYOFRO is offline Junior Member
    I have a couple friends that had success using the kettle balls and they encouraged me to try them as well. Personally, I love doing a wide range of workouts and feel that I would get tired from using the same weight over and over again. But, my friends get creative and have had a great time doing it. Best of all, they do not pay a gym membership fee because they do it in their living room. To each his own, you know?

vincebae is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya83 View Post
    I was wondering if anybody has had success with strictly kettlebell workouts...With wight loss..
    Please define "success".
    I am using kettlebell but not primarily.
    Regarding weight loss, I don't think the choice of the tool is important.

Buy success I meant weight loss muscle gains..

prodistat is offline Senior Member
    I was following the "enter the kettlebell" program. It worked, I got a bit stronger. My musclular endurance was great!!! Weightless is mainly diet, and I didn't see much weight loss.

I went from 35->50->70 lb kettlebells as soon as I could. I injured my shoulder on the 70 over the course of a month. I should have recognized the signs, but alas, I wanted to get stronger faster. I had to supplement with pull-ups or my shoulders started to hurt a lot.

Overall, using just kettlebells, I found that I was only stronger in the motions that the kettlebells worked. My push-ups still sucked, and pull-ups only got better because I had to to keep my muscles balanced. KB swings are awesome for muscular endurance! They should be part of your routine, but not your whole routine.
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

vincebae is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya83 View Post
    Buy success I meant weight loss muscle gains..
    Weight loss is primarily on diet and any type of exercises can be helpful if done well.
    Muscle gain (or strength gain) always depends on what is your current status.
    As far as I know, kettlebell is more conditioning tool, barbell is more strength tool.
    Of course kettlebells can be equally effective strength tool for beginner but as level goes up barbell becomes more effective.
    If you can access only kettlebells, I think combining it with bodyweight training can be more effective than using strictly kettlebells only.

Quote Originally Posted by vincebae View Post
    Weight loss is primarily on diet and any type of exercises can be helpful if done well.
    Muscle gain (or strength gain) always depends on what is your current status.
    As far as I know, kettlebell is more conditioning tool, barbell is more strength tool.
    Of course kettlebells can be equally effective strength tool for beginner but as level goes up barbell becomes more effective.
    If you can access only kettlebells, I think combining it with bodyweight training can be more effective than using strictly kettlebells only.
    Thanks bud I have been doing a kettlebell DVD...I got from onnit.comImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372615579.836610.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast