Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strictly kettlebell workout.. page 2

fat belly frog is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi,

I have been using basically Kettlebells and body weight exercises for the last 18 months and have lost 15kgs, but most of that weight lose has been diet. Strength and conditioning has increased. Kettlebells are more than just the swing, plenty of good functional strength workouts and conditioning can be obtained for a pair of KBs and a pull up bar and a bit of floor space. Combined with swimming, biking, BW exercise and the odd sprint they could be all you need to do.

I have recently joined a gym and working on a basic 5x5 lifting program and enjoying the challenge of learning the Olympic bar, I still use KB as a warm up or finisher and the swing is great for hamstring and posterior chain work.

Hope that helps. Cheers
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

lmoya83 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fat belly frog View Post
    Hi,

I have been using basically Kettlebells and body weight exercises for the last 18 months and have lost 15kgs, but most of that weight lose has been diet. Strength and conditioning has increased. Kettlebells are more than just the swing, plenty of good functional strength workouts and conditioning can be obtained for a pair of KBs and a pull up bar and a bit of floor space. Combined with swimming, biking, BW exercise and the odd sprint they could be all you need to do.

I have recently joined a gym and working on a basic 5x5 lifting program and enjoying the challenge of learning the Olympic bar, I still use KB as a warm up or finisher and the swing is great for hamstring and posterior chain work.

Hope that helps. Cheers
    Thank you very much ya I love the kettlebell workouts i got a DVD called Extreme kettlebell workout and that's what I have been doing... Plus some body weight workouts my goal is to lose about 15 kg... Thanks

You can absolutely lose weight through kettlebell exercises, they increase your energy expenditure ridiculously, especially if you can master the ballistic exercises (the snatch burns about 20 calories per minute).

Even if that was the only change you made to your life, not changing your nutrition or any other activities, just adding a good kettlebell complex a few times a week is certainly enough to see results. Kettlebell workouts were the first thing I started with, before I picked up any other activities or changed my eating at all. Personally, I saw great results from just that alone, of the 60 or so lbs I've lost so far, I'd say at least the first 20 came off during the "kettlebells only" phase, before I even started thinking about my eating. It's definitely possible, though of course everyone is different.

Sure, it's not quite optimal to do only one thing by itself to the exclusion of other things, but as far as any single component of health/weight loss goes, I'd have to say that for me personally, kettlebell work was probably the single best thing I did for myself, if only because it was such a great kick start, and the progress I saw with that was enough to convince to really pursue other healthy things, both nutrition and activity wise.

Is that your Alpha Brain or is it just a stock picture? They're not bad, though I'd recommend taking them on a relatively empty stomach, the effects are a hell of a lot more pronounced, I feel like I wasted the first half of my bottle taking them with food, I barely noticed anything.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    My wife has lost 35 pounds in 3 months using strictly kettle bells 3-4 times a week with the programs I designed for her. So yes you can loose weight (and get stronger) using strictly kettle bells.

If you use strictly kettle bells are you going to be able to get to a 225lbs bench press? No... But as a supplemental tool they will help you get there by strengthening the supportive musculature of the press.

umm7 is offline Senior Member
    What was the program you designed for her? If you don't mind me asking

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    The first one is:
    15 kettle swings 1 16kg
    10 front squats 2 8kg in rack position
    15 high pulls 1 12kg
    10 bottoms up press 1 12 kg
    10 kettle bosu crunches 1 8kg
    Do each 4 times with 1 to 90seconds minute rest between sets

Second one is:
    15 Single kettle swing 1 12kg
    10 Windmills 1 12kg
    10 kettle floor press 2 8kg
    10 kettle tricep extension 1 12kg
    15 kettle dead lifts 1 24 kg

Do each 4 times with 1 minute to 90 seconds rest between sets.

Once that gets easy switch over to a circuit and run through the whole thing 5 times doing exercise 1-5 back to back to back.

umm7 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    There are plenty of videos with Pavel Tatsouline (you can watch his tutorials on dragondoor)
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Quote Originally Posted by TheChokingGame View Post
    You can absolutely lose weight through kettlebell exercises, they increase your energy expenditure ridiculously, especially if you can master the ballistic exercises (the snatch burns about 20 calories per minute).

Even if that was the only change you made to your life, not changing your nutrition or any other activities, just adding a good kettlebell complex a few times a week is certainly enough to see results. Kettlebell workouts were the first thing I started with, before I picked up any other activities or changed my eating at all. Personally, I saw great results from just that alone, of the 60 or so lbs I've lost so far, I'd say at least the first 20 came off during the "kettlebells only" phase, before I even started thinking about my eating. It's definitely possible, though of course everyone is different.

Sure, it's not quite optimal to do only one thing by itself to the exclusion of other things, but as far as any single component of health/weight loss goes, I'd have to say that for me personally, kettlebell work was probably the single best thing I did for myself, if only because it was such a great kick start, and the progress I saw with that was enough to convince to really pursue other healthy things, both nutrition and activity wise.

Is that your Alpha Brain or is it just a stock picture? They're not bad, though I'd recommend taking them on a relatively empty stomach, the effects are a hell of a lot more pronounced, I feel like I wasted the first half of my bottle taking them with food, I barely noticed anything.
    Ya bro I got some Alpha Brain! It's good stuff I really like Onnits products! What was your kettlebell routine?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    The first one is:
    15 kettle swings 1 16kg
    10 front squats 2 8kg in rack position
    15 high pulls 1 12kg
    10 bottoms up press 1 12 kg
    10 kettle bosu crunches 1 8kg
    Do each 4 times with 1 to 90seconds minute rest between sets

Second one is:
    15 Single kettle swing 1 12kg
    10 Windmills 1 12kg
    10 kettle floor press 2 8kg
    10 kettle tricep extension 1 12kg
    15 kettle dead lifts 1 24 kg

Do each 4 times with 1 minute to 90 seconds rest between sets.

Once that gets easy switch over to a circuit and run through the whole thing 5 times doing exercise 1-5 back to back to back.
    Thanks I will try this workout tonight!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast