Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heavy cream, is it too good to be true? page 2

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For so many years I was low fat, low cal, that being able to have some cream is heaven. Not milk, which I don't tolerate well, just cream and cheese. But cream on berries, cream in eggs, cream in coffee is heaven. And no problems at all.

Yes, raw cream is the most healthy if you can get it. Next is pastured, organic.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Sadly too much dairy (even the high quality kind) gives me both acne and weight gain, but that's not a reason for you to not try it!

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member
    I eat dairy everyday and when I was low carbing, I still lost weight eating things like cheese and heavy cream.

I never had a problem with dairy at all. I loved not counting calories during keto and made a whole tub of ice cream with heavy cream, cocoa and butter. That was at least 75% of my daily calorie allowance. Anyway, gave up low carbing due to feeling like absolute shit and being nutritionally depleted. I still eat things like Greek yogurt and cheese, but only use a drop of heavy cream in my omelette.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    The heavy whipping cream I buy at Kroger has 0g sugar and 0g protein....or are there negligible amounts that they don't have to put on the label?
    Exactly. That's <0.5 grams per serving, rounded down. And the serving size is probably 1 tablespoon. Check one of the online nutrition calculators if you're going to drink the stuff by the ounce and if you're concerned with counting.

Starkanda is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, definitely the fruits and honey, that's keeping you from keto. Heavy cream is just fat, you should burn that, and not get an insulin response.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by umm7 View Post
    Where do you find glass bottled cream?
    I live in Southern Maine. I buy it at a local farm. Their bottler is a larger farm a bit further away that also supplies one of the local supermarket chains (Hannaford).

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I find that heavy cream and full fat yoghurt definitely halt my weight loss - which is a shame since I find it delicious, if I stir honey into the yoghurt if becomes a food-without-brakes. I occasionally indulge but rarely. Adding it to coffee or in eggs should be fine though I would imagine - its going to be a small portion..?

fifer is offline Senior Member
    is "heavy" cream pourable / whippable? (comment above suggests it is). Try the thicker ones that can't be poured or whipped, might be even more filling / fatty.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    is "heavy" cream pourable / whippable? (comment above suggests it is). Try the thicker ones that can't be poured or whipped, might be even more filling / fatty.
    Heavy cream is pourable. It is the highest butterfat content cream we have available in the US consumer market, to my knowledge.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Heavy cream is pourable. It is the highest butterfat content cream we have available in the US consumer market, to my knowledge.
    Heavy cream has a minimum fat content of 35%

Double cream has a minimum fat content of 48%

Clotted cream has a minimum fat content of 55%

Both Double and Clotted Cream is available through Amazon. I've also seen them on the shelves at upscale supermarkets.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast