Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gift ideas for one-year-old child? page 3

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I still say get the buggy.

GET THE BUGGY!

Nothing saves mommy and daddy's back more than THE BUGGY.

Ever stoop over half your life while baby is learning to walk?

Yeah, mine started at 9 months old.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

Julia

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    There might also be a play-cafe that might be a good plan. There was one in our old hood that was for the under-4 set, and we took DS there a lot as a crawler and new walker (until he was about 14 months).

Anyway, it usually had a fee to get in plus costs of coffees and stuff -- so you might see if there's one in your area, too. it's nice for both parents and littles.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Boynton board books.

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    If you need the 'suck up to boss' points, I suggest looking for something very loud. The noisier the better. Parents and kids alike just love toys with a long and loud melody, especially a song that plays repetitively.

Good luck!

SuBee is online now Member
    I wouldn't get a gift cert. for the parents without also getting something for the child, even if it's small (a board book or toy). One year olds like to put things in other things and take them out again, so those shape-sorter toys or toy mailboxes with slots are great. For one year old, I'd go with soft foam or fabric blocks instead of wood, as the blocks are likely to fly across the room more often than not. Soft blocks in a bag can be stacked or put in and taken out. My son had a nesting-boxes toy where the boxes could be stacked into a tower--it was great. He also had a "book" with wooden pages that had magnetic animals that fit into puzzle-like slots in the page. It was the perfect toy. Check Melissa and Doug if you're in the U.S. Touch-and-feel books are great for little kids.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123