Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gift ideas for one-year-old child? page 2

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    If your town or city has a children's museum or a zoo, I recommend getting a year-long pass to this place. It usually costs around $35-50 depending upon the city/etc.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    If your town or city has a children's museum or a zoo, I recommend getting a year-long pass to this place. It usually costs around $35-50 depending upon the city/etc.
    This is absolutely perfect. No "thing" that someone could take any kind of objection to, no gift card that could be construed as taking the lazy way out, and if they never use it, you have put your money to a good cause regardless. Me likes!!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

diene is offline Senior Member
    Girl. But I want to give her something gender neutral.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm...the pass sounds like a good idea. I'll have to investigate.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Diene - wooden blocks me thinks !!!!!!!!
    you can pick up cheap ones. perhaps make a wee draw string bag, fill it with natural, no paint, no toxin preserved, wooden blocks ! Children love using their imagination to create something of their own, and with wooden blocks they can build, construct, destruct etc..... even the parents might enjoy !!!!!!
    good luck
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Exactly how will a 1 year old utilize a children's museum?

I like the blocks ideas. Or maybe some sort of other similar plaything

umm7 is offline Senior Member
    1 yr olds like to put things in their mouths and eat. Get some chewable toys. 50 bucks is a lot for a baby.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Uhm, seeing as I took my son to our local museum's "exploration centers" from the time he was 9 months old, quite a bit.

I would go there at least once a week, and there were story times and sing-a-longs, lots of activities (costumes, toys, art projects, crafts, etc). There were play areas as well -- with all kinds of toys, activities to do -- all at different age levels.

I still take my son there about once a month. I would go more, but he's quite busy these days, being 5.

My sister's nanny takes their son (who is about to turn 3) about twice a week to the museum. He's been going since before he was 1 as well. He particularly likes their "water exploration" area -- where they have lots of things to turn and paddle and what nto to watch the water move in different ways. They have a lot of trains, too, and he loves trains.

Yes, you could get the kid *yet another* object.

canio6 Guest
    $50 gift certificate to a spa. A 1 year old baby doesn't need anything. The mother of a 1 year old probably needs a massage.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    $50 gift certificate to a spa. A 1 year old baby doesn't need anything. The mother of a 1 year old probably needs a massage.
    This s a great idea. Or maybe a dinner certificate for parents night out. Find a wa to put it in terms of how the kid gets a night without parents or something

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast