Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand new page

hclaus is offline Junior Member

Brand new

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone!! I'm brand new to this and could use some help (mostly moral support to stay away from the ice cream and bread ). I'm the mother of a 15 month old baby, and the wife of a man who will NEVER go primal (believe me, I've begged so I wouldn't be doing this alone). I've decided it's time to get my body back. I'm 5'8" and weigh 155. I'd like to be 130. 25 lbs is my final goal, but I'd be happy with a 20 lb loss. I have fairly decent muscle tone considering I had a baby a year ago, and haven't done but maybe two crunches since, but I'd like to get rid of the fluff on top of the muscle. We already eat organic and grow our own veggies and blueberries. I'm terrified of GMOs, lol (side note: Watch Genetic Roulette if you get a chance). I guess I should also add that I'm still breastfeeding and am a firm believer in baby-led weaning. I'm sure this will play a role in how easily my body releases fat. Anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction, it'd be really appreciated. I've attached a "me now" picture. Hopefully revealing "me now" to the world will be enough inspiration to change it!! Thanks in advance for advice, recipes, explanation of percentages, and support! Blessings!!

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1372442960.894554.jpg

" somehow replaced any quotation mark I typed there, so just substitute " " for " thanks!

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of directions we could point you. What specifically are you looking for? Support?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Dragonfly has a lot of info for this area...

Home - Sondra Rose: Happy Mind

If you haven't read Mark's book start there. When breast feeding don't be restrictive. Just eat to satiated from a variety of non-toxic foods. Eating a nutrient dense primal diet will be a GREAT start for you and your baby!

Good Luck!

Mostly I don't understand the percentages of what to eat at each meal. Also, is agave ok?

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    You might want to look at a website that tracks your intake %. I use MyFitnessPal but I'm not getting a pie chart like before, but it does tell me what my %'s are for the day or to meal plan.

GL

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Looking at your picture and your numbers, you'd do better to set a bodyfat percentage goal instead of a strict weight goal. The scale lies, and 155 pounds at 5'8" can be a very healthy weight for an active woman.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    You look amazing by the way ...

NativeHoodrat is offline Junior Member
    The first few weeks are the hardest to cut out the bread and ice cream trust me I know. I had to cheat twice and the last time I did not feel good the next day and I have not touched bread or anything with sugar since.

My rule is if I am cooking you eat what I cook and if you don't like it then you can cook for yourself. My wife still eats some grains occasionally.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ez2cy, thanks. I'll look into that. I'm really bad about food journals, so maybe the desire to see percentages will help me remember to log what I eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast