Thread: Brand new. page

hclaus is offline Junior Member

Brand new.

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone!! I'm brand new to this and could use some help (mostly moral support to stay away from the ice cream and bread ). I'm the mother of a 15 month old baby, and the wife of a man who will NEVER go primal (believe me, I've begged so I wouldn't be doing this alone). I've decided it's time to get my body back. I'm 5'8" and weigh 155. I'd like to be 130. 25 lbs is my final goal, but I'd be happy with a 20 lb loss. I have fairly decent muscle tone considering I had a baby a year ago, and haven't done but maybe two crunches since, but I'd like to get rid of the fluff on top of the muscle. We already eat organic and grow our own veggies and blueberries. I'm terrified of GMOs, lol (side note: Watch Genetic Roulette if you get a chance). I guess I should also add that I'm still breastfeeding and am a firm believer in baby-led weaning. I'm sure this will play a role in how easily my body releases fat. Anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction, it'd be really appreciated. I've attached a "me now" picture. Hopefully revealing "me now" to the world will be enough inspiration to change it!! Thanks in advance for advice, recipes, explanation of percentages, and support! Blessings!!

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1372441296.961227.jpg

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Good for you deciding to do Primal for you (and your baby) even if hubby won't. Here are some thoughts about selling someone on Primal, but the main message is that you probably can't, which you have realized.

Mother Nature may not let you lose much fat while you are nursing. You will be a lot healthier though.

My suggestion is to just stick to the basics of Primal. Some people need to do it strictly but you only have to do the 80/20 to realize the benefits. Good luck!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

hclaus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    Welcome! Good for you deciding to do Primal for you (and your baby) even if hubby won't. Here are some thoughts about selling someone on Primal, but the main message is that you probably can't, which you have realized.

Mother Nature may not let you lose much fat while you are nursing. You will be a lot healthier though.

My suggestion is to just stick to the basics of Primal. Some people need to do it strictly but you only have to do the 80/20 to realize the benefits. Good luck!
    Thanks! I'm hoping for 20 lbs at least, but we will see with breastfeeding. I'll try my husband again, but he's very stuck on his bread and cake.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by hclaus View Post
    Thanks! I'm hoping for 20 lbs at least, but we will see with breastfeeding. I'll try my husband again, but he's very stuck on his bread and cake.
    Remember, he only has to do ~80% to benefit from Primal. Some breads such as sourdough and sprouted are better.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial