Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close

Thread: Too Much Yoga And Chin Ups? But I love working out!

United Kingdom

Too Much Yoga And Chin Ups? But I love working out!

Shop Now
    Hi all

In recent months I've found two workouts that I love. Yoga and chin ups (with dips and leg raises).
    I've tried different types of Yoga and found a really, really good DVD by a guy called Bob Harper. It's an hour long and fairly intense, similiar to the P90X Yoga from what I hear.

Now my question is - if I did one day of Yoga, next day chin up workout, then one day of Yoga, next day chin up workout etc with one day off a week is this too much? I know Mark says in the book you only really need to work out 3 times a week, but I love working out and find that when I don't work out my energy levels drop. So what do we think? Too much, or keep going and just eat more sweet potatoes to make up for the workouts?

The body is great at adapting to stress. If you want to workout six times per week, it might take a bit of an adjustment period, but it's certainly a possibility.

I would include at least one rest day, however. If you feel like you are being overrun, then cut down a bit. But I don't see a problem with what you're planning on doing seeing as yoga isn't particularly stressful on the nervous system in comparison to heavy weight lifting.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Yeah, no big deal; you're not overloading your body with progressively heavier weights like with barbell training. My body can handle an amazing amount of workout volume, but overall I'm much happier just lifting hard 3 days a week and then filling in the rest with fun stuff.

New Zealand
    Shop Now
    sounds fine.

bob harper's alignment stinks though. i'd love to get my hands on him and show him how to align properly! :P ah well.