Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Squats page 10

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Listen quikky. Telling me that I'm wrong in how I teach my squats is like saying that you are the only person who knows how to comb hair properly. I'm trying to help a beginner learn how to do squats with out knee pain and this is a tried and true method. Obviously you have had some kind of training or more than likely you like to read so you can try and make people question themselves from your lazy boy castle. Here's another book for you. It's called "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie

Ps. You're doing it wrong.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    Listen quikky. Telling me that I'm wrong in how I teach my squats is like saying that you are the only person who knows how to comb hair properly. I'm trying to help a beginner learn how to do squats with out knee pain and this is a tried and true method. Obviously you have had some kind of training or more than likely you like to read so you can try and make people question themselves from your lazy boy castle. Here's another book for you. It's called "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie

Ps. You're doing it wrong.
    So your contribution to this thread has been mostly incorrect advice, a "tried and true method" of knee problems if I ever saw one. When questioned, instead of explaining why you could be right, you turn it into a personal attack on me. Tells a lot about your confidence in your knowledge of the subject.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by umm7 View Post
    I do this all barefoot.

I do what feels normal like when I pick up groceries or my kids, I don't shift front or back, just squarely planted. I can tell that I have weak glutes and hams so instead of pushing up with them I seems I lean forward and try to use my back to compensate. I think I shouldn't increase weight each workout, maybe once a week, until I get stronger. My knees now feel great, which is just crazy to me. I read that having a weak pc can cause knee pain.
    I also started doing glute bridges, I hope that helps build strength there so I can squat more and be that much stronger.

I do appreciate everyone's time, thank you.
    Awesome that you're already doing these bare foot. Quikky mentioned weight lifting shoes which would be your best choice but short of going out and buying a pair of shoes that have really no other use than lifting with a bar, bare feet works great.

Good to hear you're weight is typically mid foot. The reason I suggested to focus on keeping your weight back and out (heal and outside of foot) was to make sure you were sitting back and really focusing on using posterior chain as much as you can to stay upright. By doing this you will also be able to keep your back tighter.

Keeping the weight to the outside of your foot also helps place your ankle in a more stable position directly under your tibia. The goal is to stack your joints as much as you can. If you can keep one joint directly over another the more stability and efficient force transfer you will have.

I would recommend you continue with your hip bridges and if you have access to it use a glute ham raise as well. These will both help strengthen your glutes, hamstrings and lower back. Again all important to keeping your back tall and tight which will help with knee pain.

If you find your knees are bothering you again really focus on where the weight is in your foot. Go back to the corner and practice squating with your weight back in your heals and few sets then head back to the bar and rip the shit out of the weights!!!

Oh and don't forget to have fun!

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've recently switched from nike free runs 3 , 3.0 to barefoot on squats & deadlifts , getting better results & feels soooo much better

London

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910